Action Update: 100 Days of Fighting Back
Tomorrow marks the 100th day of Donald Trump’s presidency. And, as expected, we have seen callous attacks on the rights of women and girls, and other vulnerable communities, in just these first 3 months.
But we are not going to take these attacks lying down. As ERA’s Executive Director Noreen Farrell said at the January Women’s March in Oakland, “We have power!” And we still do. We are so proud that over a thousand of you have joined the ERA Action Team and have been marching, lobbying, calling and writing their representatives ever since. Thank you for your enthusiasm, participation and leadership. As we reach the
As we reach the 100-day mark, we’re gathering our thoughts and our energy and preparing for the long fight ahead.
In these dangerous times, ERA is continuing to move forward with an aggressive and ambitious agenda to advance and protect rights and opportunities for women and girls, including such major initiatives as:
- The Stronger California legislative campaign, which is setting a high bar for women’s economic security and family-friendly legislation around the country,
- The Network to Stop School Sexual Violence, which will step in to protect students’ right to a safe and equal education, even if federal protections are weakened or taken away, and
- The national Equal Pay Today campaign fighting to close the gender wage gap in states and at the federal level.
Thank you for all you’ve done so far. We hope that you will continue to join us in supporting these and other initiatives to advance the cause of women and girls. Let’s make it clear that we will not stop until we have achieved equal rights and opportunities for all.
NOT YET A MEMBER OF THE TEAM?
- ERA Sponsors Bill to Prohibit Sexual Harassment in Venture Capital... read more
- There is No Place for Violent White Supremacy in a Democracy... read more
- Demand Equal Pay for Black Women... read more
- Remembering the Whole Wealth Equation on Black Women’s Equal Pay Day... read more
- Speak Out on Black Women’s Equal Pay Day... read more
- Action Alert: Send a Message to the Department of Education... read more
- High Schoolers Need to Know Their IX... read more
- Action Alert: Hands Off our Health Care!... read more
- Why Employers Shouldn’t Ask for Salary History from Job Applicants... read more
- Action Alert: Support Paid Leave Expansion... read more