2016 Impact: Building the National Movement for Gender Equity
125,000+ joined the call for the Equal Rights Amendment
Women showed their power in Sacramento and capitols across the country
In 2016, with a special focus on young women of color, ERA mobilized communities nationwide to change policies, strengthen enforcement of our rights, and promote gender equity.
We launched a campaign with Patricia Arquette and the ERA Coalition calling for ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which has activated over 125,000 people to contact political leaders.
The Stronger California campaign for women’s economic security (chaired by ERA) harnessed the power of women during days of action in Sacramento, legislative visits, and online advocacy. Our collective voices helped pass groundbreaking policy reform.
We participated in the inaugural United State of Women summit, and proudly featured post-summit as part of the Equal Pay Today! Campaign.
- ERA Sponsors Bill to Prohibit Sexual Harassment in Venture Capital... read more
- There is No Place for Violent White Supremacy in a Democracy... read more
- Demand Equal Pay for Black Women... read more
- Remembering the Whole Wealth Equation on Black Women’s Equal Pay Day... read more
- Speak Out on Black Women’s Equal Pay Day... read more
- Action Alert: Send a Message to the Department of Education... read more
- High Schoolers Need to Know Their IX... read more
- Action Alert: Hands Off our Health Care!... read more
- Why Employers Shouldn’t Ask for Salary History from Job Applicants... read more
- Action Alert: Support Paid Leave Expansion... read more