2016 Impact: Building the National Movement for Gender Equity
125,000+ joined the call for the Equal Rights Amendment
Women showed their power in Sacramento and capitols across the country
In 2016, with a special focus on young women of color, ERA mobilized communities nationwide to change policies, strengthen enforcement of our rights, and promote gender equity.
We launched a campaign with Patricia Arquette and the ERA Coalition calling for ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which has activated over 125,000 people to contact political leaders.
The Stronger California campaign for women’s economic security (chaired by ERA) harnessed the power of women during days of action in Sacramento, legislative visits, and online advocacy. Our collective voices helped pass groundbreaking policy reform.
We participated in the inaugural United State of Women summit, and proudly featured post-summit as part of the Equal Pay Today! Campaign.
- Celebrating 43 Years of Equal Rights Advocates... read more
- Action Alert: Thank OUSD for Listening to Girls... read more
- Kelly Dermody – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Ghada Saliba-Malouf – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Shellie Onstead and the UC Berkeley Women’s Field Hockey Team – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Emma Mayerson and Alliance for Girls – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Women’s March Bay Area Organizers – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- 2017 Champion of Justice: Monique W. Morris... read more
- Action Alert: Protect the Women’s Bureau... read more
- Pushing the Envelope on Equal Pay Laws with Equal Pay Today!... read more