2016 Impact: Building the National Movement for Gender Equity
125,000+ joined the call for the Equal Rights Amendment
Women showed their power in Sacramento and capitols across the country
In 2016, with a special focus on young women of color, ERA mobilized communities nationwide to change policies, strengthen enforcement of our rights, and promote gender equity.
We launched a campaign with Patricia Arquette and the ERA Coalition calling for ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which has activated over 125,000 people to contact political leaders.
The Stronger California campaign for women’s economic security (chaired by ERA) harnessed the power of women during days of action in Sacramento, legislative visits, and online advocacy. Our collective voices helped pass groundbreaking policy reform.
We participated in the inaugural United State of Women summit, and proudly featured post-summit as part of the Equal Pay Today! Campaign.
- Donor Spotlight: How NYC Millennials Made a Difference... read more
- Defending Title IX in Schools: ERA’s Week in the News... read more
- Action Alert: Stop Gorsuch... read more
- Action Alert: A Day Without a Woman... read more
- Celebrating ERA Board Member Ghada Saliba-Malouf & All Immigrant Women on International Women’s Day... read more
- Sending a Message to President Trump... read more
- Black Girls Deserve More than Just One Month... read more
- We Must Defend Title IX Rights of Transgender Students... read more
- The Taboo of the Tip... read more
- Holding Sessions Accountable: The Whole World is Watching... read more