2016 Impact: Building the National Movement for Gender Equity
125,000+ joined the call for the Equal Rights Amendment
Women showed their power in Sacramento and capitols across the country
In 2016, with a special focus on young women of color, ERA mobilized communities nationwide to change policies, strengthen enforcement of our rights, and promote gender equity.
We launched a campaign with Patricia Arquette and the ERA Coalition calling for ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which has activated over 125,000 people to contact political leaders.
The Stronger California campaign for women’s economic security (chaired by ERA) harnessed the power of women during days of action in Sacramento, legislative visits, and online advocacy. Our collective voices helped pass groundbreaking policy reform.
We participated in the inaugural United State of Women summit, and proudly featured post-summit as part of the Equal Pay Today! Campaign.
- The Taboo of the Tip... read more
- Holding Sessions Accountable: The Whole World is Watching... read more
- We Will Continue to Fight Campus Sexual Assault... read more
- The Shameful, Sexist Silencing of Sen. Warren... read more
- The Next 4 Years for Women and Girls: ERA is Ready with New Initiatives and Boots on the Ground... read more
- Sessions and DeVos Threaten Decades of Progress for Women and Girls... read more
- Judge Gorsuch’s Troubling Record on Women and Workers’ Rights... read more
- It’s a Constitutional Crisis in the Making – Stop What You’re Doing and Call Your Senator Now... read more
- The Women’s March 2017: Building a Movement for Equality... read more
- Celebrating Policy Wins for Women & Families... read more