Building on Title IX’s Legacy
Since its passage 44 years ago, Title IX has been instrumental in opening opportunities for women and girls at school. Yet there is more that must be done to ensure that Title IX is effectively implemented in all schools across the country.
Last week, we joined more than 25 organizations in endorsing the newly introduced Patsy T. Mink Gender Equity in Education Act. This critical piece of federal legislation builds upon the legacy of Title IX by increasing the resources made available to schools, school districts, states, and colleges and universities to implement its requirements of education equity and train Title IX coordinators. This progress is necessary to ensure girls across the country have access to safe and equitable learning environments.
It’s easy to get involved. Contact your senator today and tell them you support the Gender Equity Education Act.
- Action Alert: Thank OUSD for Listening to Girls... read more
- Kelly Dermody – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Ghada Saliba-Malouf – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Shellie Onstead and the UC Berkeley Women’s Field Hockey Team – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Emma Mayerson and Alliance for Girls – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Women’s March Bay Area Organizers – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- 2017 Champion of Justice: Monique W. Morris... read more
- Action Alert: Protect the Women’s Bureau... read more
- Pushing the Envelope on Equal Pay Laws with Equal Pay Today!... read more
- Fighting for Equal Pay: Amicus Brief Filed in Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals... read more