Building on Title IX’s Legacy
Since its passage 44 years ago, Title IX has been instrumental in opening opportunities for women and girls at school. Yet there is more that must be done to ensure that Title IX is effectively implemented in all schools across the country.
Last week, we joined more than 25 organizations in endorsing the newly introduced Patsy T. Mink Gender Equity in Education Act. This critical piece of federal legislation builds upon the legacy of Title IX by increasing the resources made available to schools, school districts, states, and colleges and universities to implement its requirements of education equity and train Title IX coordinators. This progress is necessary to ensure girls across the country have access to safe and equitable learning environments.
It’s easy to get involved. Contact your senator today and tell them you support the Gender Equity Education Act.
- Action Alert: Send a Message to the Department of Education... read more
- High Schoolers Need to Know Their IX... read more
- Action Alert: Hands Off our Health Care!... read more
- Why Employers Shouldn’t Ask for Salary History from Job Applicants... read more
- Action Alert: Support Paid Leave Expansion... read more
- Fighting for Equitable Schools in California... read more
- Action Alert: Protect Students’ Civil Rights... read more
- Celebrating 43 Years of Equal Rights Advocates... read more
- Action Alert: Thank OUSD for Listening to Girls... read more
- Kelly Dermody – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more