It’s a Constitutional Crisis in the Making – Stop What You’re Doing and Call Your Senator Now
We are witnessing a national constitutional crisis. If you act NOW with a single phone call, you can prevent it happening again.
Last Friday night, President Trump signed a despicable executive order banning entry to anyone from 7 different countries because they are predominantly Muslim. In issuing the order, President Trump said it was issued to protect Christians.
Four women federal trial judges on Saturday night separately issued orders temporarily enjoining the executive order. Yesterday, Sally Yates, the Acting Attorney General of the United States, stated that the order was unconstitutional and the attorneys from the DOJ and US attorneys nationwide would not defend it. Last night, Trump fired and replaced her. These five strong women need and deserve our support for the courage they have publicly exhibited.
Trump’s nominee for Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, awaits a vote TODAY in the Senate Judiciary Committee. Now more than ever, we need an Attorney General who will act independently to defend the law, not a person so racist that Congress blocked his nomination to the federal bench. Not a person who refused to concede that the President’s comment about grabbing women’s private parts described sexual assault.
Call your Senators NOW and tell them they must vote No! on Sessions if his nomination comes to a full Senate floor vote.
HOW TO CALL – Instructions and Script
Dial the Senate switchboard at 202-224-3121. Follow the prompts to get connected to your Senator.
Jeff Sessions Script (Judiciary Committee Confirmation vote set for TODAY)
- I am a constituent from zipcode______ . My name is ______ .
- I urge Senator ______ to oppose the confirmation of Jeff Sessions for Attorney General. We need an Attorney General like Sally Yates who will stand up for the Constitution, the rule of law, and fair treatment for all Americans regardless of religion, race, gender, and sexual orientation.
- Senator Sessions is not qualified to stand up for the Constitution and equal rights for all Americans.
- Hang up and repeat for your other Senator.
NOT YET A MEMBER OF THE TEAM?
- The Taboo of the Tip... read more
- Holding Sessions Accountable: The Whole World is Watching... read more
- We Will Continue to Fight Campus Sexual Assault... read more
- The Shameful, Sexist Silencing of Sen. Warren... read more
- The Next 4 Years for Women and Girls: ERA is Ready with New Initiatives and Boots on the Ground... read more
- Sessions and DeVos Threaten Decades of Progress for Women and Girls... read more
- Judge Gorsuch’s Troubling Record on Women and Workers’ Rights... read more
- It’s a Constitutional Crisis in the Making – Stop What You’re Doing and Call Your Senator Now... read more
- The Women’s March 2017: Building a Movement for Equality... read more
- Celebrating Policy Wins for Women & Families... read more