Defending Title IX in Schools: ERA’s Week in the News
With concerns about the Department of Education’s enforcement of Title IX and a massive record release from the University of California about employee sexual misconduct, ERA had a big week of media coverage on the topics of sexual assault on campus and the urgency of defending Title IX.
- Executive Director Noreen Farrell spoke with the Associated Press and The Guardian about the University of California’s public release of employee sexual misconduct records.
While there has been increasing recognition of the epidemic of campus sexual assault in America, the UC records reveal a disturbing pattern in how administrators deal with assailants when they are faculty, Farrell said: “It’s a vicious cycle. How is a college to shift a culture among its students if it’s giving a free pass to its own employees?”
- Senior Staff Attorney Rebecca Peterson-Fisher spoke with the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette about an amici brief defending the right to Title IX damages that ERA served as primary author on, which was filed this week.
- Legal Director Jennifer Reisch talked to BuzzFeed about the backlog of Title IX complaints in OCR and concerns that they might not be adequately resolved under Secretary DeVos.
- The Resistance Gets Creative... read more
- To the Companies Who Withdrew Support From Bill O’Reilly and Fox News, Thank You From the Women of America... read more
- Know Your Rights: Sexual Harassment at Work... read more
- Judge Gorsuch’s Confirmation Threaten’s Women’s Rights... read more
- Building a Stronger California in 2017... read more
- PBS Newshour to NBC News: ERA Responds to Trump’s First 100 Days... read more
- “A Stronger California” Advocates Network Launches Ambitious 2017 Legislative Agenda for Women’s Economic Security... read more
- Support Women and Families – in Sacramento and Online!... read more
- Action Alert: Lobby in Sacramento!... read more
- Donor Spotlight: How NYC Millennials Made a Difference... read more