Legal Director Joins Pay Equity Task Force
Building on ERA’s success in sponsoring the California Fair Pay Act, which took effect on January 1, 2016, we are proud that Legal Director Jennifer Reisch has been selected to serve on the California Pay Equity Task Force, which was launched by the Commission on the Status of Women and Girls in July.
Jennifer Reisch, Legal Director at Equal Rights Advocates speaking on SB 358 for employees and advocates pic.twitter.com/sbyKEMxFJA
— CA Commission (@CCSWG) July 22, 2016
As a member of the Pay Equity Task Force, Jennifer will work alongside legislators, government agency leaders, management attorneys, experts in employee compensation, and representatives from business and labor organizations to ensure effective implementation and enforcement of California’s equal pay law so that it may serve as an example for states across the country.
“With momentum building for equal pay laws across the country, this is an exciting and important time for the Task Force’s efforts,” said Jennifer. “I’m excited to get to work.”
Learn more about the Task Force and stay up-to-date with their work here: http://www.women.ca.gov/CaliforniaPayEquityTaskForce.aspx.
Have questions about the CA Fair Pay Act? Know your rights and find answers to common questions here: http://www.equalrights.org/legal-help/know-your-rights/california-fair-pay-act/.
- Action Alert: Thank OUSD for Listening to Girls... read more
- Kelly Dermody – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Ghada Saliba-Malouf – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Shellie Onstead and the UC Berkeley Women’s Field Hockey Team – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Emma Mayerson and Alliance for Girls – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Women’s March Bay Area Organizers – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- 2017 Champion of Justice: Monique W. Morris... read more
- Action Alert: Protect the Women’s Bureau... read more
- Pushing the Envelope on Equal Pay Laws with Equal Pay Today!... read more
- Fighting for Equal Pay: Amicus Brief Filed in Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals... read more