Legal Director Joins Pay Equity Task Force
Building on ERA’s success in sponsoring the California Fair Pay Act, which took effect on January 1, 2016, we are proud that Legal Director Jennifer Reisch has been selected to serve on the California Pay Equity Task Force, which was launched by the Commission on the Status of Women and Girls in July.
Jennifer Reisch, Legal Director at Equal Rights Advocates speaking on SB 358 for employees and advocates pic.twitter.com/sbyKEMxFJA
— CA Commission (@CCSWG) July 22, 2016
As a member of the Pay Equity Task Force, Jennifer will work alongside legislators, government agency leaders, management attorneys, experts in employee compensation, and representatives from business and labor organizations to ensure effective implementation and enforcement of California’s equal pay law so that it may serve as an example for states across the country.
“With momentum building for equal pay laws across the country, this is an exciting and important time for the Task Force’s efforts,” said Jennifer. “I’m excited to get to work.”
Learn more about the Task Force and stay up-to-date with their work here: http://www.women.ca.gov/CaliforniaPayEquityTaskForce.aspx.
Have questions about the CA Fair Pay Act? Know your rights and find answers to common questions here: http://www.equalrights.org/legal-help/know-your-rights/california-fair-pay-act/.
- Action Alert: Send a Message to the Department of Education... read more
- High Schoolers Need to Know Their IX... read more
- Action Alert: Hands Off our Health Care!... read more
- Why Employers Shouldn’t Ask for Salary History from Job Applicants... read more
- Action Alert: Support Paid Leave Expansion... read more
- Fighting for Equitable Schools in California... read more
- Action Alert: Protect Students’ Civil Rights... read more
- Celebrating 43 Years of Equal Rights Advocates... read more
- Action Alert: Thank OUSD for Listening to Girls... read more
- Kelly Dermody – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more