PBS Newshour to NBC News: ERA Responds to Trump’s First 100 Days
Executive Director Noreen Farrell appeared on PBS Newshour to discuss the investigation into Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly’s pattern of sexual harassment. Just two weeks later, she rejoined the program when Fox decided to fire O’Reilly.
NBCNews.com spoke with Noreen Farrell about President Trump’s roll-back of the Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Order. This important Obama executive order required federal contractors to disclose discrimination complaints and paycheck details to workers. It also prohibited federal contractors from requiring that workers arbitrate sexual harassment and assault claims.
US News & World Report reflected on the increased urgency and activism of women across the country during President Trump’s First 100 Days. Executive Director Noreen Farrell frames the current climate of the women’s movement, saying:
“I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that President Trump presents the biggest threat to women’s progress we’ve seen in the last 50 years. Some of it is under the radar, and some of it is right in front of us. But what’s happening at the federal level is not only terrifying. It’s an outrage,” she says.
- ERA Sponsors Bill to Prohibit Sexual Harassment in Venture Capital... read more
- There is No Place for Violent White Supremacy in a Democracy... read more
- Demand Equal Pay for Black Women... read more
- Remembering the Whole Wealth Equation on Black Women’s Equal Pay Day... read more
- Speak Out on Black Women’s Equal Pay Day... read more
- Action Alert: Send a Message to the Department of Education... read more
- High Schoolers Need to Know Their IX... read more
- Action Alert: Hands Off our Health Care!... read more
- Why Employers Shouldn’t Ask for Salary History from Job Applicants... read more
- Action Alert: Support Paid Leave Expansion... read more