PBS Newshour to NBC News: ERA Responds to Trump’s First 100 Days
Executive Director Noreen Farrell appeared on PBS Newshour to discuss the investigation into Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly’s pattern of sexual harassment. Just two weeks later, she rejoined the program when Fox decided to fire O’Reilly.
NBCNews.com spoke with Noreen Farrell about President Trump’s roll-back of the Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Order. This important Obama executive order required federal contractors to disclose discrimination complaints and paycheck details to workers. It also prohibited federal contractors from requiring that workers arbitrate sexual harassment and assault claims.
US News & World Report reflected on the increased urgency and activism of women across the country during President Trump’s First 100 Days. Executive Director Noreen Farrell frames the current climate of the women’s movement, saying:
“I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that President Trump presents the biggest threat to women’s progress we’ve seen in the last 50 years. Some of it is under the radar, and some of it is right in front of us. But what’s happening at the federal level is not only terrifying. It’s an outrage,” she says.
- Celebrating 43 Years of Equal Rights Advocates... read more
- Action Alert: Thank OUSD for Listening to Girls... read more
- Kelly Dermody – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Ghada Saliba-Malouf – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Shellie Onstead and the UC Berkeley Women’s Field Hockey Team – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Emma Mayerson and Alliance for Girls – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Women’s March Bay Area Organizers – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- 2017 Champion of Justice: Monique W. Morris... read more
- Action Alert: Protect the Women’s Bureau... read more
- Pushing the Envelope on Equal Pay Laws with Equal Pay Today!... read more