PBS Newshour to NBC News: ERA Responds to Trump’s First 100 Days
Executive Director Noreen Farrell appeared on PBS Newshour to discuss the investigation into Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly’s pattern of sexual harassment. Just two weeks later, she rejoined the program when Fox decided to fire O’Reilly.
NBCNews.com spoke with Noreen Farrell about President Trump’s roll-back of the Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Order. This important Obama executive order required federal contractors to disclose discrimination complaints and paycheck details to workers. It also prohibited federal contractors from requiring that workers arbitrate sexual harassment and assault claims.
US News & World Report reflected on the increased urgency and activism of women across the country during President Trump’s First 100 Days. Executive Director Noreen Farrell frames the current climate of the women’s movement, saying:
“I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that President Trump presents the biggest threat to women’s progress we’ve seen in the last 50 years. Some of it is under the radar, and some of it is right in front of us. But what’s happening at the federal level is not only terrifying. It’s an outrage,” she says.
- The Resistance Gets Creative... read more
- To the Companies Who Withdrew Support From Bill O’Reilly and Fox News, Thank You From the Women of America... read more
- Know Your Rights: Sexual Harassment at Work... read more
- Judge Gorsuch’s Confirmation Threaten’s Women’s Rights... read more
- Building a Stronger California in 2017... read more
- PBS Newshour to NBC News: ERA Responds to Trump’s First 100 Days... read more
- “A Stronger California” Advocates Network Launches Ambitious 2017 Legislative Agenda for Women’s Economic Security... read more
- Support Women and Families – in Sacramento and Online!... read more
- Action Alert: Lobby in Sacramento!... read more
- Donor Spotlight: How NYC Millennials Made a Difference... read more