Sending a Message to President Trump
America’s women are alarmed by a Trump administration agenda that has already done grave harm to families across the country and undermined essential rights and protections. That’s why today, ERA joined more than 300 organizations across the nation that advocate for women’s rights, equality, justice, and inclusion in sending a letter to the president urging him to build a more fair, just, and equal nation.
The letter comes shortly after the president’s first address to Congress and in honor of Women’s History Month, to send a clear message that America’s women and their families will fight against any efforts to undo hard-fought gains and take the country backward.
The letter outlines six domestic policy areas that are critical to women and all families, and upon which the community will evaluate the Trump administration’s success. The areas include creating workplaces that work for women and families; securing quality health care and reproductive rights; ensuring income security for all families; addressing and preventing violence; building a quality, affordable and equitable education system; and securing women’s equality under law.
Going forward, we hope this list of priorities will be a resource for the administration and members of Congress as they make policy decisions, as well as the media, advocates, and anyone who cares about how women fare during the president’s tenure. As we note in the letter, when the country’s 157 million women have an equal opportunity to succeed, our entire society and economy benefit.
- Donor Spotlight: How NYC Millennials Made a Difference... read more
- Defending Title IX in Schools: ERA’s Week in the News... read more
- Action Alert: Stop Gorsuch... read more
- Action Alert: A Day Without a Woman... read more
- Celebrating ERA Board Member Ghada Saliba-Malouf & All Immigrant Women on International Women’s Day... read more
- Sending a Message to President Trump... read more
- Black Girls Deserve More than Just One Month... read more
- We Must Defend Title IX Rights of Transgender Students... read more
- The Taboo of the Tip... read more
- Holding Sessions Accountable: The Whole World is Watching... read more