Speak Out on Black Women’s Equal Pay Day
This Monday, July 31, we recognize Black Women’s Equal Pay Day, the day when Black women’s earnings finally catch up to what white men made last year. And while we’re fighting the many barriers to equal pay each day – job segregation, lack of paid family leave, pay discrimination – we’re asking you to join us on July 31 to amplify our voices.
Get involved on Black Women’s Equal Pay Day:
- Shout what equality at work means to you on twitter – join us for a twitter storm at 11:00am PT / 2:00pm ET and use #BlackWomensEqualPay.
- Learn more about the contributors to Black women’s wage gap – attend a webinar featuring ERA fellow Andrea Obando at 12:00pm PT.
- Ask your equal pay questions – participate in a Facebook live event hosted by the Center for American Progress at 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET here.
Support policy reforms advancing equal pay:
- Stop federal attacks on pay transparency – demand the federal Office of Management and Budget continue to collect company pay data by gender and race.
- Support pay transparency in California – ask your state senator to vote “yes” on AB 1209.
- Demand equal pay protections for women nationwide – show your support for the Pay Equity for All and Paycheck Fairness Acts.
For more resources, visit Equal Pay Today’s website.
- ERA Sponsors Bill to Prohibit Sexual Harassment in Venture Capital... read more
- There is No Place for Violent White Supremacy in a Democracy... read more
- Demand Equal Pay for Black Women... read more
- Remembering the Whole Wealth Equation on Black Women’s Equal Pay Day... read more
- Speak Out on Black Women’s Equal Pay Day... read more
- Action Alert: Send a Message to the Department of Education... read more
- High Schoolers Need to Know Their IX... read more
- Action Alert: Hands Off our Health Care!... read more
- Why Employers Shouldn’t Ask for Salary History from Job Applicants... read more
- Action Alert: Support Paid Leave Expansion... read more