Welcome to Our New Law Fellow and Law Clerk
Central to ERA’s mission is the mentorship of the next generation of legal advocates. As a part of that goal, we welcome law clerks and law fellows who assist with research and legal projects, and staff our free Advice & Counseling hotline.
This fall, we are excited to welcome Andrea Obando as the newest Equal Justice Works Fellow, and Jenna Minard as a Law Clerk.
Andrea will focus her efforts on her Equal Justice Works project, which seeks to eliminate barriers to economic security for low-wage women of color by enforcing equal pay laws and using legal advocacy and community outreach to expand women’s access to high-wage jobs in the male-dominated construction trades.
Andrea is a 2016 graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (Boalt Hall). Throughout law school, she volunteered with the Legal Aid Society-Employment Law Center’s Workers’ Rights Clinic and Centro Legal de la Raza’s Workers’ and Tenants’ Rights Clinic. She has also served as a summer law clerk for the California Teachers Association, as an extern in the Legal Aid Society-Employment Law Center’s National Origin program, and received a Peggy Browning Fund Fellowship to work at Murphy Anderson PLLC. Prior to law school, Andrea taught middle school science and reading in inner-city Houston. She received a B.A. in Psychology and Italian from Dartmouth College.
Jenna is a third-year law student at Golden Gate University School of Law. An Oregon Native, she studied Women’s and Gender Studies and English at University of Oregon. Prior to law school, Jenna was a peer group leader for an LGBTQIA mental health non-profit and an ACLU student intern. She was the President of the GGU Law Students for Reproductive Justice Chapter, and is a member of the Public Interest Law Foundation and Honors Lawyering Program.
Jenna previously interned with the AIDS Legal Referral Panel, National Center for Lesbian Rights, Women’s Employment Rights Clinic, and the San Francisco law firm, Duckworth Peters Lebowitz Olivier LLP. She is excited to be an ERA intern for fall 2016 and spring 2017, because she is passionate about employment and education equality and is looking forward to learning about effective policy advocacy and impact litigation.
Please join us in welcoming Andrea and Jenna!
- Action Alert: Thank OUSD for Listening to Girls... read more
- Kelly Dermody – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Ghada Saliba-Malouf – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Shellie Onstead and the UC Berkeley Women’s Field Hockey Team – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Emma Mayerson and Alliance for Girls – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- Women’s March Bay Area Organizers – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree... read more
- 2017 Champion of Justice: Monique W. Morris... read more
- Action Alert: Protect the Women’s Bureau... read more
- Pushing the Envelope on Equal Pay Laws with Equal Pay Today!... read more
- Fighting for Equal Pay: Amicus Brief Filed in Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals... read more