45th Anniversary Gender Justice Honoree: Mario Diaz, Wells Fargo
To celebrate our 45th anniversary, we’re honoring gender justice champions who have worked passionately to transform our workplaces and schools into spaces where every woman, student, and nonbinary person can thrive. They will be honored at our 45th Anniversary Gala Luncheon on June 14 in San Francisco.
Gender Justice Honoree: Institutional Philanthropy
Over the past 45 years of ERA’s work, the visionary partnership of institutional philanthropy has become increasingly important. With commitment to our history, track record, and mission, institutional philanthropy has been a vital element of a compact that strives for equity for everyone. From business to foundations, our partners are part of our impact.
As a former Vice President of Wells Fargo, and current Community Relations Senior Consultant, Corporate Philanthropy and Community Relations, Mario Diaz has championed the mission of gender justice and supported a strong partnership with ERA for decades.
Thanks to the support of the Wells Fargo Foundation, ERA has led groundbreaking reforms in the courts and in close partnership with policy makers, including the passage of the strongest laws in the country combating pay discrimination, sexual harassment, and worker exploitation. Mr. Diaz has a strong background in corporate philanthropy, community service, and institutional community partnerships, and has been honored with awards from many Bay Area nonprofits.
At this moment of his forthcoming retirement, it is an honor to recognize Mario Diaz for his dedication to gender justice and the communities ERA serves through the Wells Fargo Foundation.
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game