ABC 7 News: Silicon Valley advocacy groups say sexual harassment claims increasing
ABC 7 News covered sexual harassment claims in the San Francisco Bay Area and a recent surge in claims post-Weinstein, quoting Senior Staff Attorney Jessica Stender:
“The fear of being retaliated against or black listed has kept women from speaking out about these issues,” said Jessica Stender of the Equal Rights Advocates.
These issues are the silent secret now getting a voice.
With heavy hitters like Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spaceyfacing accusations, women’s advocacy groups have seen a surge in calls from low-wage workers.
“I think it’s been an eye-opener to see how pervasive this problem really is,” Stender added.
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game