Upcoming Events Featuring ERA Staff
Feb. 8, 2019
San Francisco Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law: Yosemite Conference 2019
- Practising Law Institute, 685 Market Street, Suite 1000, San Francisco
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; ERA presenting 12:15 – 2:00 p.m.
- ERA Senior Counsel for Workplace Justice & Public Policy Jessica Stender will speak on the panel, “Developments in Pay Equity“
- Register here.
Feb. 10, 2019
Barriers to Education: Why Girls Drop Out
At this presentation and panel, speakers will raise awareness about the impact of gender discrimination (specifically sexual harassment) on education, and of the law – Title IX – that prohibits discrimination. The Panel will discuss timeline of impact at middle school, high school, college and into the workplace.
- San Jose City College, Technology Center Room T415
- 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- ERA Staff Attorney Maha Ibrahim will present and speak on the panel alongside representatives from AAUW San Jose, San Jose City College, and Project Cornerstone
- Hosted by American Association of University Women, San Jose
March 6, 2019
Strong Girls, Strong Women Leadership Conference
This 7th annual conference brings together high school students from diverse backgrounds and their mothers for dialogue and education about the state of girls in Santa Clara County. The conference aims to empower, inspire, and enrich students and their allies to be stronger members and committed leaders in their communities.
- School of Arts and Culture, Mexican Heritage Plaza, San Jose (1700 Alum Rock Ave.)
- 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- ERA Staff Attorney Maha Ibrahim will lead a workshop on Title IX
- Hosted by the County of Santa Clara Office of Women’s Policy