Action Alert: Hands Off our Health Care!
Earlier this summer, we asked you to oppose the House health care bill because of the incredibly harmful impact it would have on women and their families.
We need you to make another critical push to defend our health care. The U.S. Senate is set to vote next week on their health care bill. And make no mistake, it too poses a serious risk to the health of women and their families nationwide.
This Senate bill would take away health insurance from at least 22 million people in the next nine years, including 15 million who rely on Medicaid.An attack on Medicaid is an attack on the health of women and families.
- Medicaid covers 25 million women nationwide.
- Nearly 1 in 3 Black women of reproductive age is on Medicaid.
- In California, like many states across the country, Medicaid covers 50% of all births.
And there’s more. This bill also destroys access to contraception, reproductive health care, and maternity care. We cannot let a bill drafted in secret by 13 men take away the health and economic security of millions of women and their families.
And don’t forget to also stay on the offense to protect reproductive health choices. Support California’s AB 569, and ensure no woman faces employment discrimination for her reproductive choices.
NOT A MEMBER OF THE ERA ACTION TEAM? Join today to receive timely information on how you can defend our rights.
- Federal Court Hearing: Equal Rights Advocates’ Case Goes Before Judge to Oppose Trump Administration’s Unconstitutional Title IX Policy... read more
- “Naw” to Kavanaugh: Take action to oppose the SCOTUS pick... read more
- How Devos’s Title IX Harms Trans & GNC Students... read more
- On the Supreme Court’s Decision in Janus v. AFSCME... read more
- Legal and Advocacy Groups Demand DeVos Withdraw False Claims About Sexual Assault Cases... read more
- Joy Kruse Gender Justice Memorial Fund... read more
- Remembering and Honoring Madeline Mixer... read more
- Trump Administration Tries to Dismiss Challenge To DeVos’ Rollback of Protections for Survivors of Sexual Violence. ERA Presses Ahead With Case.... read more
- Don’t Miss Our Gala Luncheon with Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera... read more
- SCOTUS Blow to Workers’ Rights Demands Legislative Fix... read more