Action Alert: Hands Off our Health Care!
Earlier this summer, we asked you to oppose the House health care bill because of the incredibly harmful impact it would have on women and their families.
We need you to make another critical push to defend our health care. The U.S. Senate is set to vote next week on their health care bill. And make no mistake, it too poses a serious risk to the health of women and their families nationwide.
This Senate bill would take away health insurance from at least 22 million people in the next nine years, including 15 million who rely on Medicaid.An attack on Medicaid is an attack on the health of women and families.
- Medicaid covers 25 million women nationwide.
- Nearly 1 in 3 Black women of reproductive age is on Medicaid.
- In California, like many states across the country, Medicaid covers 50% of all births.
And there’s more. This bill also destroys access to contraception, reproductive health care, and maternity care. We cannot let a bill drafted in secret by 13 men take away the health and economic security of millions of women and their families.
And don’t forget to also stay on the offense to protect reproductive health choices. Support California’s AB 569, and ensure no woman faces employment discrimination for her reproductive choices.
NOT A MEMBER OF THE ERA ACTION TEAM? Join today to receive timely information on how you can defend our rights.
- Urge CA Gov. Brown to Sign the #TakeTheLead Bills & Combat Sexual Harassment... read more
- Join Our Action Team and Fight For California’s #MeToo Bills... read more
- We Believe You, Christine: Response to Allegations against Kavanaugh... read more
- ERA Supports McDonald’s Workers in Nationwide Strike Protesting Sexual Harassment... read more
- Take Action to #StopKavanaugh... read more
- In a Nail Biter Finish, #MeToo Bill SB 1300 Heads to Governor... read more
- Statement: Response to Leaked Draft of DeVos’s New Proposed Title IX Rules... read more
- #TakeTheLead: To the Governor’s Desk... read more
- Our Impact: Salary History Loophole Closed!... read more
- Federal Court Hearing: Equal Rights Advocates’ Case Goes Before Judge to Oppose Trump Administration’s Unconstitutional Title IX Policy... read more