Action Alert: Protect the Women’s Bureau
Defense: Say No to Elimination of the Department of Labor Women’s Bureau
The Trump Administration’s proposed federal budget would have a devastating impact on many agencies key to the economic security of our families and the defense of women’s rights. One important example: dramatic cuts to the Department of Labor Women’s Bureau – the only agency in the entire federal government dedicated to empowering women to achieve economic security.
The proposed budget includes cuts to the Bureau of 70%. This would eliminate all regional offices and render the agency unable to fulfill its mission.
- Respond to the WH survey by June 12th.
- Under Select Cabinet Agency Click Department of Labor: Full Department
- Under the “Share your idea, your proposal…” box simply state: The Women’s Bureau should be fully funded, so that all of the regional offices can remain open, fully staffed and functioning.
- Be careful NOT to select the Women’s Bureau under the question asking which agencies should be eliminated.
- You can select “None or N/A” for the remaining questions. Complete your personal contact information, then submit.
- ERA Rejects Trump Admin’s Proposed Sexual Assault Rules that Promote Rape Culture on Campus
- SAVE THE DATE: On Nov. 27, #EqualityIsPawssible
- Our Bodies on the Line: Latina Equal Pay and #MeToo
- Next week, we vote for women’s equality in the workplace
- BREAKING: Amended Federal Lawsuit Against DeVos Shows Title IX Policy Was Based on Sexist Stereotypes, Is Unconstitutional
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6
- Survivors Who Want to Come Forward: Where to Start
- “You have galvanized our movement to replace you. We are united more than ever before.”
- Gov. Brown Signs ERA’s #MeToo Bills, Strongest Sexual Harassment Legislation in the Nation
- ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings