Action Alert: Protect the Women’s Bureau
Defense: Say No to Elimination of the Department of Labor Women’s Bureau
The Trump Administration’s proposed federal budget would have a devastating impact on many agencies key to the economic security of our families and the defense of women’s rights. One important example: dramatic cuts to the Department of Labor Women’s Bureau – the only agency in the entire federal government dedicated to empowering women to achieve economic security.
The proposed budget includes cuts to the Bureau of 70%. This would eliminate all regional offices and render the agency unable to fulfill its mission.
- Respond to the WH survey by June 12th.
- Under Select Cabinet Agency Click Department of Labor: Full Department
- Under the “Share your idea, your proposal…” box simply state: The Women’s Bureau should be fully funded, so that all of the regional offices can remain open, fully staffed and functioning.
- Be careful NOT to select the Women’s Bureau under the question asking which agencies should be eliminated.
- You can select “None or N/A” for the remaining questions. Complete your personal contact information, then submit.
- VIDEO: 5 New Anti-Sexual Harassment Rights for CA Workers
- Urge your legislators: Support the Paycheck Fairness Act!
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018
- ERA Rejects Trump Admin’s Proposed Sexual Assault Rules that Promote Rape Culture on Campus
- Giving Tuesday: On Nov. 27, #EqualityIsPawssible
- Our Bodies on the Line: Latina Equal Pay and #MeToo
- Next week, we vote for women’s equality in the workplace
- BREAKING: Amended Federal Lawsuit Against DeVos Shows Title IX Policy Was Based on Sexist Stereotypes, Is Unconstitutional