Action Alert: Protect the Women’s Bureau
Defense: Say No to Elimination of the Department of Labor Women’s Bureau
The Trump Administration’s proposed federal budget would have a devastating impact on many agencies key to the economic security of our families and the defense of women’s rights. One important example: dramatic cuts to the Department of Labor Women’s Bureau – the only agency in the entire federal government dedicated to empowering women to achieve economic security.
The proposed budget includes cuts to the Bureau of 70%. This would eliminate all regional offices and render the agency unable to fulfill its mission.
- Respond to the WH survey by June 12th.
- Under Select Cabinet Agency Click Department of Labor: Full Department
- Under the “Share your idea, your proposal…” box simply state: The Women’s Bureau should be fully funded, so that all of the regional offices can remain open, fully staffed and functioning.
- Be careful NOT to select the Women’s Bureau under the question asking which agencies should be eliminated.
- You can select “None or N/A” for the remaining questions. Complete your personal contact information, then submit.
- 10 Black Women Making History... read more
- Why I demand Congressional action for DREAMers... read more
- Equal Rights Advocates Sues Betsy DeVos and the Department of Education: Campus Sexual Misconduct and Violence is Gender Discrimination... read more
- Tomorrow – March with ERA at the 2018 Women’s March!... read more
- We’ve Said #MeToo – Now We’re Pushing Legislation... read more
- Maria’s Workplace is #OursToo: Stopping the Epidemic of Sexual Violence Against Female Janitors... read more
- Inspired by Martin Luther King Jr. Day, We March On... read more
- This is not the year to stop marching... read more
- Taking the Fight for Equal Pay to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals... read more
- Action Alert: Say NO to Disastrous GOP Tax Bill... read more