Action Alert: Protect the Women’s Bureau
Defense: Say No to Elimination of the Department of Labor Women’s Bureau
The Trump Administration’s proposed federal budget would have a devastating impact on many agencies key to the economic security of our families and the defense of women’s rights. One important example: dramatic cuts to the Department of Labor Women’s Bureau – the only agency in the entire federal government dedicated to empowering women to achieve economic security.
The proposed budget includes cuts to the Bureau of 70%. This would eliminate all regional offices and render the agency unable to fulfill its mission.
- Respond to the WH survey by June 12th.
- Under Select Cabinet Agency Click Department of Labor: Full Department
- Under the “Share your idea, your proposal…” box simply state: The Women’s Bureau should be fully funded, so that all of the regional offices can remain open, fully staffed and functioning.
- Be careful NOT to select the Women’s Bureau under the question asking which agencies should be eliminated.
- You can select “None or N/A” for the remaining questions. Complete your personal contact information, then submit.
- Urge CA Gov. Brown to Sign the #TakeTheLead Bills & Combat Sexual Harassment... read more
- Join Our Action Team and Fight For California’s #MeToo Bills... read more
- We Believe You, Christine: Response to Allegations against Kavanaugh... read more
- ERA Supports McDonald’s Workers in Nationwide Strike Protesting Sexual Harassment... read more
- Take Action to #StopKavanaugh... read more
- In a Nail Biter Finish, #MeToo Bill SB 1300 Heads to Governor... read more
- Statement: Response to Leaked Draft of DeVos’s New Proposed Title IX Rules... read more
- #TakeTheLead: To the Governor’s Desk... read more
- Our Impact: Salary History Loophole Closed!... read more
- Federal Court Hearing: Equal Rights Advocates’ Case Goes Before Judge to Oppose Trump Administration’s Unconstitutional Title IX Policy... read more