Action Alert: Tell Gov. Brown to Sign Equal Pay Legislation Today!
There are just two weeks left for California Governor Jerry Brown to sign bills into law – and we need your help to push two critical equal pay bills over the finish line.
Equal Rights Advocates is a proud sponsor of two bills that would help ensure equal pay across California:
- AB 168 would prohibit employers from inquiring about job applicants’ prior salary. Setting pay based on prior earnings perpetuates past pay discrimination and this small change can make a big difference.
- AB 1209 would require large employers to provide pay data by race and gender to the state. You can’t fix what you can’t see – in order to close pay gaps, employers need to know they exist. (Read the SF Chronicle’s endorsement of AB 1209).
Call Governor Brown today — 916-445-2841 — and ask him to sign AB 168 and AB1209.
1. My name is and I live in .
2. I am calling to urge Governor Brown to support equal pay and women’s economic security and sign both AB 168 and AB 1209 into law.
Together, we will continue to push our political leaders to enact policies that truly support the economic security of women and families. Thank you for standing with us!
NOT YET A MEMBER OF THE TEAM?
- Taking the Fight for Equal Pay to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals... read more
- Action Alert: Say NO to Disastrous GOP Tax Bill... read more
- What Team ERA is Reading This Week... read more
- In This Lifetime Please: Why We Can’t Wait 216 Years to Close the Latina Pay and Wealth Gap... read more
- What Team ERA’s Reading This Week... read more
- We Stand in Solidarity with Women Leaders in CA Politics... read more
- It’s the System, Stupid: Why Weinstein Isn’t Just About Weinstein... read more
- Stronger California Advocates Network Celebrates Six Legislative Wins... read more
- Win! Governor Brown Signs CA Values Act Into Law... read more
- Action Alert: Tell Gov. Brown to Sign Equal Pay Legislation Today!... read more