Action Alert: Tell Gov. Brown to Sign Equal Pay Legislation Today!
There are just two weeks left for California Governor Jerry Brown to sign bills into law – and we need your help to push two critical equal pay bills over the finish line.
Equal Rights Advocates is a proud sponsor of two bills that would help ensure equal pay across California:
- AB 168 would prohibit employers from inquiring about job applicants’ prior salary. Setting pay based on prior earnings perpetuates past pay discrimination and this small change can make a big difference.
- AB 1209 would require large employers to provide pay data by race and gender to the state. You can’t fix what you can’t see – in order to close pay gaps, employers need to know they exist. (Read the SF Chronicle’s endorsement of AB 1209).
Call Governor Brown today — 916-445-2841 — and ask him to sign AB 168 and AB1209.
1. My name is and I live in .
2. I am calling to urge Governor Brown to support equal pay and women’s economic security and sign both AB 168 and AB 1209 into law.
Together, we will continue to push our political leaders to enact policies that truly support the economic security of women and families. Thank you for standing with us!
NOT YET A MEMBER OF THE TEAM?
- Win! Governor Brown Signs CA Values Act Into Law... read more
- Action Alert: Tell Gov. Brown to Sign Equal Pay Legislation Today!... read more
- Action Alert: Stop the Attacks on Students... read more
- Join us for Rockin’ for a Reason: A Benefit Concert!... read more
- Secretary DeVos is Endangering Lives: A Response to the Interim Title IX Guidance... read more
- Raise Your Voice to Push Stronger California Legislation Over the Finish Line... read more
- Action Alert: We Won’t Back Down on Pay Transparency... read more
- Secretary DeVos Attacks Progress Made to End Campus Sexual Assault... read more
- ERA Disgusted by Termination of DACA... read more
- The Administration Just Made it Harder to Close the Wage Gap... read more