Action Alert: Tell Gov. Brown to Sign Equal Pay Legislation Today!
There are just two weeks left for California Governor Jerry Brown to sign bills into law – and we need your help to push two critical equal pay bills over the finish line.
Equal Rights Advocates is a proud sponsor of two bills that would help ensure equal pay across California:
- AB 168 would prohibit employers from inquiring about job applicants’ prior salary. Setting pay based on prior earnings perpetuates past pay discrimination and this small change can make a big difference.
- AB 1209 would require large employers to provide pay data by race and gender to the state. You can’t fix what you can’t see – in order to close pay gaps, employers need to know they exist. (Read the SF Chronicle’s endorsement of AB 1209).
Call Governor Brown today — 916-445-2841 — and ask him to sign AB 168 and AB1209.
1. My name is and I live in .
2. I am calling to urge Governor Brown to support equal pay and women’s economic security and sign both AB 168 and AB 1209 into law.
Together, we will continue to push our political leaders to enact policies that truly support the economic security of women and families. Thank you for standing with us!
NOT YET A MEMBER OF THE TEAM?
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6... read more
- Survivors Who Want to Come Forward: Where to Start... read more
- Gov. Brown Signs ERA’s #MeToo Bills, Strongest Sexual Harassment Legislation in the Nation... read more
- ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings... read more
- ERA Submits Letter to Gov. Brown on Behalf of 12 National Orgs: CA Needs to #TakeTheLead on Sexual Harassment Reforms... read more
- Urge CA Gov. Brown to Sign the #TakeTheLead Bills & Combat Sexual Harassment... read more
- Join Our Action Team and Fight For California’s #MeToo Bills... read more
- We Believe You, Christine: Response to Allegations against Kavanaugh... read more
- ERA Supports McDonald’s Workers in Nationwide Strike Protesting Sexual Harassment... read more
- Take Action to #StopKavanaugh... read more