Action Update: 100 Days of Fighting Back
Tomorrow marks the 100th day of Donald Trump’s presidency. And, as expected, we have seen callous attacks on the rights of women and girls, and other vulnerable communities, in just these first 3 months.
But we are not going to take these attacks lying down. As ERA’s Executive Director Noreen Farrell said at the January Women’s March in Oakland, “We have power!” And we still do. We are so proud that over a thousand of you have joined the ERA Action Team and have been marching, lobbying, calling and writing their representatives ever since. Thank you for your enthusiasm, participation and leadership. As we reach the
As we reach the 100-day mark, we’re gathering our thoughts and our energy and preparing for the long fight ahead.
In these dangerous times, ERA is continuing to move forward with an aggressive and ambitious agenda to advance and protect rights and opportunities for women and girls, including such major initiatives as:
- The Stronger California legislative campaign, which is setting a high bar for women’s economic security and family-friendly legislation around the country,
- The Network to Stop School Sexual Violence, which will step in to protect students’ right to a safe and equal education, even if federal protections are weakened or taken away, and
- The national Equal Pay Today campaign fighting to close the gender wage gap in states and at the federal level.
Thank you for all you’ve done so far. We hope that you will continue to join us in supporting these and other initiatives to advance the cause of women and girls. Let’s make it clear that we will not stop until we have achieved equal rights and opportunities for all.
NOT YET A MEMBER OF THE TEAM?
- Federal Court Hearing: Equal Rights Advocates’ Case Goes Before Judge to Oppose Trump Administration’s Unconstitutional Title IX Policy... read more
- “Naw” to Kavanaugh: Take action to oppose the SCOTUS pick... read more
- How Devos’s Title IX Harms Trans & GNC Students... read more
- On the Supreme Court’s Decision in Janus v. AFSCME... read more
- Legal and Advocacy Groups Demand DeVos Withdraw False Claims About Sexual Assault Cases... read more
- Joy Kruse Gender Justice Memorial Fund... read more
- Remembering and Honoring Madeline Mixer... read more
- Trump Administration Tries to Dismiss Challenge To DeVos’ Rollback of Protections for Survivors of Sexual Violence. ERA Presses Ahead With Case.... read more
- Don’t Miss Our Gala Luncheon with Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera... read more
- SCOTUS Blow to Workers’ Rights Demands Legislative Fix... read more