Albany Times-Union: Colleges prepare for new Title IX sex assault guidelines
The Albany Times-Union quoted a statement from Equal Rights Advocates in an article about the Department of Education’s proposed regulations to Title IX.
“This Administration is committed to protecting the perpetrators rather than the victims of sexual violence,” Noreen Farrell, executive director of the Equal Rights Advocates women’s equality group wrote on their website on Friday, when news of the proposed regulations came out.
The quote was also picked up by WRAL in North Carolina, and other local news outlets.
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game