Associated Press: 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Accepts Plaintiffs’ Request for Discretionary Appeal Regarding Class Certification in Microsoft Gender Discrimination Lawsuit
The Associated Press and Business Wire mention Equal Rights Advocates as a supporting organization in an article about the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals’ decision to grant permission to appeal the denial of class certification to a group of Microsoft employees who claim rampant gender discrimination.
Equal Rights Advocates supported the employees by leading 29 women’s and civil rights groups in an amici brief, alongside the Impact Fund. The case challenges certain pay and promotion policies that a group of female Microsoft employees claim have systematically disadvantaged women, in violation of Title VII.
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018
- ERA Rejects Trump Admin’s Proposed Sexual Assault Rules that Promote Rape Culture on Campus
- Giving Tuesday: On Nov. 27, #EqualityIsPawssible