Associated Press: 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Accepts Plaintiffs’ Request for Discretionary Appeal Regarding Class Certification in Microsoft Gender Discrimination Lawsuit
The Associated Press and Business Wire mention Equal Rights Advocates as a supporting organization in an article about the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals’ decision to grant permission to appeal the denial of class certification to a group of Microsoft employees who claim rampant gender discrimination.
Equal Rights Advocates supported the employees by leading 29 women’s and civil rights groups in an amici brief, alongside the Impact Fund. The case challenges certain pay and promotion policies that a group of female Microsoft employees claim have systematically disadvantaged women, in violation of Title VII.
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game