Associated Press: 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Accepts Plaintiffs’ Request for Discretionary Appeal Regarding Class Certification in Microsoft Gender Discrimination Lawsuit
The Associated Press and Business Wire mention Equal Rights Advocates as a supporting organization in an article about the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals’ decision to grant permission to appeal the denial of class certification to a group of Microsoft employees who claim rampant gender discrimination.
Equal Rights Advocates supported the employees by leading 29 women’s and civil rights groups in an amici brief, alongside the Impact Fund. The case challenges certain pay and promotion policies that a group of female Microsoft employees claim have systematically disadvantaged women, in violation of Title VII.
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6... read more
- Survivors Who Want to Come Forward: Where to Start... read more
- Gov. Brown Signs ERA’s #MeToo Bills, Strongest Sexual Harassment Legislation in the Nation... read more
- ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings... read more
- ERA Submits Letter to Gov. Brown on Behalf of 12 National Orgs: CA Needs to #TakeTheLead on Sexual Harassment Reforms... read more
- Urge CA Gov. Brown to Sign the #TakeTheLead Bills & Combat Sexual Harassment... read more
- Join Our Action Team and Fight For California’s #MeToo Bills... read more
- We Believe You, Christine: Response to Allegations against Kavanaugh... read more
- ERA Supports McDonald’s Workers in Nationwide Strike Protesting Sexual Harassment... read more
- Take Action to #StopKavanaugh... read more