Bloomberg Law: States, Too, Push Sexual Harassment Reforms
Executive Director Noreen Farrell spoke with Bloomberg News about building momentum for state-level policy reforms addressing sexual harassment.
There’s been a “relative explosion” of related bills, said Noreen Farrell, executive director of Equal Rights Advocates. The California-based group tracks state legislation, and its stated mission is to expand opportunities for women and girls.
Though proposals are in the early stages, many initiatives will likely move forward with bipartisan support, Farrell told Bloomberg Law. And success at the state level could buoy federal change, too, she said.
“The states are where the action is,” Farrell said.
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game