Bloomberg Law: States, Too, Push Sexual Harassment Reforms
Executive Director Noreen Farrell spoke with Bloomberg News about building momentum for state-level policy reforms addressing sexual harassment.
There’s been a “relative explosion” of related bills, said Noreen Farrell, executive director of Equal Rights Advocates. The California-based group tracks state legislation, and its stated mission is to expand opportunities for women and girls.
Though proposals are in the early stages, many initiatives will likely move forward with bipartisan support, Farrell told Bloomberg Law. And success at the state level could buoy federal change, too, she said.
“The states are where the action is,” Farrell said.
- Remembering and Honoring Madeline Mixer... read more
- Joy Kruse Gender Justice Memorial Fund... read more
- Trump Administration Tries to Dismiss Challenge To DeVos’ Rollback of Protections for Survivors of Sexual Violence. ERA Presses Ahead With Case.... read more
- Don’t Miss Our Gala Luncheon with Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera... read more
- SCOTUS Blow to Workers’ Rights Demands Legislative Fix... read more
- University of Denver Settles Pay Discrimination Lawsuit with $2.6 Million to Women Law Professors... read more
- Lactation Accommodations: A Right, Not a Privilege... read more
- Radical Justice Looks Like Centering the Survivor... read more
- This Sexual Assault Awareness Month: Survivors and Allies Have the Power... read more
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know about Equal Pay Day... read more