Bloomberg Law: States, Too, Push Sexual Harassment Reforms
Executive Director Noreen Farrell spoke with Bloomberg News about building momentum for state-level policy reforms addressing sexual harassment.
There’s been a “relative explosion” of related bills, said Noreen Farrell, executive director of Equal Rights Advocates. The California-based group tracks state legislation, and its stated mission is to expand opportunities for women and girls.
Though proposals are in the early stages, many initiatives will likely move forward with bipartisan support, Farrell told Bloomberg Law. And success at the state level could buoy federal change, too, she said.
“The states are where the action is,” Farrell said.
- Tomorrow – March with ERA at the 2018 Women’s March!... read more
- We’ve Said #MeToo – Now We’re Pushing Legislation... read more
- Maria’s Workplace is #OursToo: Stopping the Epidemic of Sexual Violence Against Female Janitors... read more
- Inspired by Martin Luther King Jr. Day, We March On... read more
- This is not the year to stop marching... read more
- Taking the Fight for Equal Pay to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals... read more
- Action Alert: Say NO to Disastrous GOP Tax Bill... read more
- What Team ERA is Reading This Week... read more
- In This Lifetime Please: Why We Can’t Wait 216 Years to Close the Latina Pay and Wealth Gap... read more
- What Team ERA’s Reading This Week... read more