Bloomberg Law: States, Too, Push Sexual Harassment Reforms
Executive Director Noreen Farrell spoke with Bloomberg News about building momentum for state-level policy reforms addressing sexual harassment.
There’s been a “relative explosion” of related bills, said Noreen Farrell, executive director of Equal Rights Advocates. The California-based group tracks state legislation, and its stated mission is to expand opportunities for women and girls.
Though proposals are in the early stages, many initiatives will likely move forward with bipartisan support, Farrell told Bloomberg Law. And success at the state level could buoy federal change, too, she said.
“The states are where the action is,” Farrell said.
- Our Impact: Salary History Loophole Closed!... read more
- Federal Court Hearing: Equal Rights Advocates’ Case Goes Before Judge to Oppose Trump Administration’s Unconstitutional Title IX Policy... read more
- “Naw” to Kavanaugh: Take action to oppose the SCOTUS pick... read more
- How Devos’s Title IX Harms Trans & GNC Students... read more
- On the Supreme Court’s Decision in Janus v. AFSCME... read more
- Legal and Advocacy Groups Demand DeVos Withdraw False Claims About Sexual Assault Cases... read more
- Joy Kruse Gender Justice Memorial Fund... read more
- Remembering and Honoring Madeline Mixer... read more
- Trump Administration Tries to Dismiss Challenge To DeVos’ Rollback of Protections for Survivors of Sexual Violence. ERA Presses Ahead With Case.... read more
- Don’t Miss Our Gala Luncheon with Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera... read more