Building on Title IX’s Legacy
Since its passage 44 years ago, Title IX has been instrumental in opening opportunities for women and girls at school. Yet there is more that must be done to ensure that Title IX is effectively implemented in all schools across the country.
Last week, we joined more than 25 organizations in endorsing the newly introduced Patsy T. Mink Gender Equity in Education Act. This critical piece of federal legislation builds upon the legacy of Title IX by increasing the resources made available to schools, school districts, states, and colleges and universities to implement its requirements of education equity and train Title IX coordinators. This progress is necessary to ensure girls across the country have access to safe and equitable learning environments.
It’s easy to get involved. Contact your senator today and tell them you support the Gender Equity Education Act.
- Raise Your Voice to Push Stronger California Legislation Over the Finish Line... read more
- Action Alert: We Won’t Back Down on Pay Transparency... read more
- Secretary DeVos Attacks Progress Made to End Campus Sexual Assault... read more
- ERA Disgusted by Termination of DACA... read more
- The Administration Just Made it Harder to Close the Wage Gap... read more
- Legal Director Jennifer Reisch Named Top Labor and Employment Lawyer... read more
- Enough is Enough: Confronting Sexual Harassment and Violence in the Janitorial Industry... read more
- Equal Means Equal – We Need the Equal Rights Amendment Now... read more
- ERA Sponsors Bill to Prohibit Sexual Harassment in Venture Capital... read more
- There is No Place for Violent White Supremacy in a Democracy... read more