It’s a Constitutional Crisis in the Making – Stop What You’re Doing and Call Your Senator Now
We are witnessing a national constitutional crisis. If you act NOW with a single phone call, you can prevent it happening again.
Last Friday night, President Trump signed a despicable executive order banning entry to anyone from 7 different countries because they are predominantly Muslim. In issuing the order, President Trump said it was issued to protect Christians.
Four women federal trial judges on Saturday night separately issued orders temporarily enjoining the executive order. Yesterday, Sally Yates, the Acting Attorney General of the United States, stated that the order was unconstitutional and the attorneys from the DOJ and US attorneys nationwide would not defend it. Last night, Trump fired and replaced her. These five strong women need and deserve our support for the courage they have publicly exhibited.
Trump’s nominee for Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, awaits a vote TODAY in the Senate Judiciary Committee. Now more than ever, we need an Attorney General who will act independently to defend the law, not a person so racist that Congress blocked his nomination to the federal bench. Not a person who refused to concede that the President’s comment about grabbing women’s private parts described sexual assault.
Call your Senators NOW and tell them they must vote No! on Sessions if his nomination comes to a full Senate floor vote.
HOW TO CALL – Instructions and Script
Dial the Senate switchboard at 202-224-3121. Follow the prompts to get connected to your Senator.
Jeff Sessions Script (Judiciary Committee Confirmation vote set for TODAY)
- I am a constituent from zipcode______ . My name is ______ .
- I urge Senator ______ to oppose the confirmation of Jeff Sessions for Attorney General. We need an Attorney General like Sally Yates who will stand up for the Constitution, the rule of law, and fair treatment for all Americans regardless of religion, race, gender, and sexual orientation.
- Senator Sessions is not qualified to stand up for the Constitution and equal rights for all Americans.
- Hang up and repeat for your other Senator.
NOT YET A MEMBER OF THE TEAM?
- Our Impact: Salary History Loophole Closed!... read more
- Federal Court Hearing: Equal Rights Advocates’ Case Goes Before Judge to Oppose Trump Administration’s Unconstitutional Title IX Policy... read more
- “Naw” to Kavanaugh: Take action to oppose the SCOTUS pick... read more
- How Devos’s Title IX Harms Trans & GNC Students... read more
- On the Supreme Court’s Decision in Janus v. AFSCME... read more
- Legal and Advocacy Groups Demand DeVos Withdraw False Claims About Sexual Assault Cases... read more
- Joy Kruse Gender Justice Memorial Fund... read more
- Remembering and Honoring Madeline Mixer... read more
- Trump Administration Tries to Dismiss Challenge To DeVos’ Rollback of Protections for Survivors of Sexual Violence. ERA Presses Ahead With Case.... read more
- Don’t Miss Our Gala Luncheon with Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera... read more