It’s a Constitutional Crisis in the Making – Stop What You’re Doing and Call Your Senator Now
We are witnessing a national constitutional crisis. If you act NOW with a single phone call, you can prevent it happening again.
Last Friday night, President Trump signed a despicable executive order banning entry to anyone from 7 different countries because they are predominantly Muslim. In issuing the order, President Trump said it was issued to protect Christians.
Four women federal trial judges on Saturday night separately issued orders temporarily enjoining the executive order. Yesterday, Sally Yates, the Acting Attorney General of the United States, stated that the order was unconstitutional and the attorneys from the DOJ and US attorneys nationwide would not defend it. Last night, Trump fired and replaced her. These five strong women need and deserve our support for the courage they have publicly exhibited.
Trump’s nominee for Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, awaits a vote TODAY in the Senate Judiciary Committee. Now more than ever, we need an Attorney General who will act independently to defend the law, not a person so racist that Congress blocked his nomination to the federal bench. Not a person who refused to concede that the President’s comment about grabbing women’s private parts described sexual assault.
Call your Senators NOW and tell them they must vote No! on Sessions if his nomination comes to a full Senate floor vote.
HOW TO CALL – Instructions and Script
Dial the Senate switchboard at 202-224-3121. Follow the prompts to get connected to your Senator.
Jeff Sessions Script (Judiciary Committee Confirmation vote set for TODAY)
- I am a constituent from zipcode______ . My name is ______ .
- I urge Senator ______ to oppose the confirmation of Jeff Sessions for Attorney General. We need an Attorney General like Sally Yates who will stand up for the Constitution, the rule of law, and fair treatment for all Americans regardless of religion, race, gender, and sexual orientation.
- Senator Sessions is not qualified to stand up for the Constitution and equal rights for all Americans.
- Hang up and repeat for your other Senator.
NOT YET A MEMBER OF THE TEAM?
- 10 Black Women Making History... read more
- Why I demand Congressional action for DREAMers... read more
- Equal Rights Advocates Sues Betsy DeVos and the Department of Education: Campus Sexual Misconduct and Violence is Gender Discrimination... read more
- Tomorrow – March with ERA at the 2018 Women’s March!... read more
- We’ve Said #MeToo – Now We’re Pushing Legislation... read more
- Maria’s Workplace is #OursToo: Stopping the Epidemic of Sexual Violence Against Female Janitors... read more
- Inspired by Martin Luther King Jr. Day, We March On... read more
- This is not the year to stop marching... read more
- Taking the Fight for Equal Pay to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals... read more
- Action Alert: Say NO to Disastrous GOP Tax Bill... read more