Daily Record: College-bound teens get lessons in self-defense
Daily Record covered ERA’s case against the Department of Education when framing the issue of campus sexual assault in a piece about why college-bound students were taking self-defense classes.
By January, DeVos and her department were the target of a lawsuit from nonprofits SurvJustice, Equal Rights Advocates and Victim Rights Law Center claiming that the new guidelines undermine trust in victims’ complaints and take away rights such as requesting a new class schedule to avoid an alleged attacker.
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game