Deadline Hollywood: Thousands Sign Petition Calling For Pay Equity For Historically Female Crafts
A Deadline Hollywood article mentions Equal Rights Advocates as a sponsor of a petition signed by 3,300 Hollywood gender equality activists, actors, and other industry figures, calling for pay equity in Hollywood’s historically female-dominated crafts.
The petition, from Reel Equity, seeks to end Hollywood’s “long history of gender segregation and stereotyping – and a current culture of gender bias and sexual harassment in film and television production – [which] affects the work opportunities available to members of these female-dominated crafts and how the industry values their contributions.”
A just-released study (read it here) shows that there is an egregious wage gap for historically female-majority crafts including Production Coordinators, Assistant Production Coordinators, Art Department Coordinators and Script Supervisors, that needs to be brought to the attention of those in positions of power in order to remedy this inequity.
- Urge CA Gov. Brown to Sign the #TakeTheLead Bills & Combat Sexual Harassment... read more
- Join Our Action Team and Fight For California’s #MeToo Bills... read more
- We Believe You, Christine: Response to Allegations against Kavanaugh... read more
- ERA Supports McDonald’s Workers in Nationwide Strike Protesting Sexual Harassment... read more
- Take Action to #StopKavanaugh... read more
- In a Nail Biter Finish, #MeToo Bill SB 1300 Heads to Governor... read more
- Statement: Response to Leaked Draft of DeVos’s New Proposed Title IX Rules... read more
- #TakeTheLead: To the Governor’s Desk... read more
- Our Impact: Salary History Loophole Closed!... read more
- Federal Court Hearing: Equal Rights Advocates’ Case Goes Before Judge to Oppose Trump Administration’s Unconstitutional Title IX Policy... read more