Deadline Hollywood: Thousands Sign Petition Calling For Pay Equity For Historically Female Crafts
A Deadline Hollywood article mentions Equal Rights Advocates as a sponsor of a petition signed by 3,300 Hollywood gender equality activists, actors, and other industry figures, calling for pay equity in Hollywood’s historically female-dominated crafts.
The petition, from Reel Equity, seeks to end Hollywood’s “long history of gender segregation and stereotyping – and a current culture of gender bias and sexual harassment in film and television production – [which] affects the work opportunities available to members of these female-dominated crafts and how the industry values their contributions.”
A just-released study (read it here) shows that there is an egregious wage gap for historically female-majority crafts including Production Coordinators, Assistant Production Coordinators, Art Department Coordinators and Script Supervisors, that needs to be brought to the attention of those in positions of power in order to remedy this inequity.
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- When it comes to fair pay, “don’t just be an ally. Be a co-conspirator.”
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game
- Let’s Close California’s Wage Gap
- Join the Pro Bono Attorneys Network to End Sexual Violence in Education
- Ending the pushout of women in scientific research
- VIDEO: 5 New Anti-Sexual Harassment Rights for CA Workers
- Urge your legislators: Support the Paycheck Fairness Act!
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.