Position: Development Manager
Reports to: Director of Development
Classification: Full-Time; Exempt
Equal Rights Advocates (ERA), a national civil rights organization dedicated to protecting and expanding economic and educational access and opportunities for women and girls, is seeking a creative and dedicated Development Manager to provide front-line fundraising and operational support to ERA’s Development team.
Reporting to the Director of Development, this position is a frontline fundraiser who works closely with the DD, Executive Director, and Board of Directors to support, implement and manage key aspects of the annual fundraising plan, with a focus on cultivating, stewarding and soliciting low to mid-level donors as well as spearheading revenue-generating and cultivation events. The Development Manager position manages the direct mail campaign and coordinates online and digital fundraising with the Communications team. This position also oversees the budget reconciliation process. The ideal candidate is a creative, entrepreneurial team player with exceptional administrative and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize as well as multi-task. A commitment to ERA’s mission and values is a must.
Development Fundraising (60%):
- Assist in the execution of the annual fundraising plan in collaboration with the Director of Development and the Executive Director.
- Develop/oversee the direct mail campaign including list segmentation, communication with mail house and coordination with ERA staff around content and messaging. Work closely with the Communications team to create a cohesive online and social media campaign.
- Create and implement strategies for retaining and upgrading current donors at the low-mid range through a well-defined moves management process, outreach and communication, and engagement. Draft written materials for renewals, donor proposals and other correspondence.
- Ensure the highest quality donor stewardship. Respond quickly and effectively to all donor/ potential donor requests; create and implement stewardship strategies and maintain yearly stewardship calendar. Participate in face-to-face meetings with Annual Fund supporters.
- Assist with prospect research, qualification and solicitation. Ensure that active and effective cultivation strategies are in place for all assigned prospects including a system for contact reports, next steps, etc.
- Create, implement and manage ERA’s cultivation and stewardship events throughout the year in collaboration with other Development staff.
- Actively participate in the planning of timelines, execution of logistics and solicitation of ticket sales and sponsorships of ERA’s major annual events; including ERA’s Annual Luncheon, Fall Benefit Concert and Holiday Party.
Management and Administration (10%):
- Supervise the accurate gift processing, categorization, reporting, and acknowledgment system in ERA’s donor database.
- Manage workflow of the Development team to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in generation of monthly income reports.
- Serve as primary liaison with Operations staff to support working interdepartmental relationships, especially in regards to tracking revenue.
- Oversee/report monthly status of annual fund budget to Director of Development.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a development department, specifically with an individual giving program.
- Knowledge of development principles, fundraising strategies and ethics, and familiarity with donor tracking systems and best practices.
- Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Experience with writing for digital marketing a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- High energy, personal initiative, results oriented and a sense of humor.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent user of office technology and information systems (including Microsoft Office suite) and database management systems.
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings as necessary.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with experience and competitive with other like non-profits in the region. ERA also offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage for staff and dependents; FSA plan; generous vacation and paid sick leave; 13 paid holidays per year; and an optional a 403b retirement plan with employer matching.
This will be a full-time, office-based job in San Francisco that will require some out-of-office travel and occasionally can be performed remotely. This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest in this particular position, connection to ERA’s mission, where you found the job posting, and attach your current résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list “Development Manager” in the subject line of your e-mail message. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No telephone calls, please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity:
Equal Rights Advocates (ERA) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to the diversity of our staff. We will consider applicants equally without regard to sex, gender, race, age, ethnicity, national origin, disability, marital or veteran status, medical condition, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We reasonably accommodate staff members and applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job. Individuals who need assistance or accommodation due to a disability may contact us at email@example.com.
- 10 Black Women Making History... read more
- Why I demand Congressional action for DREAMers... read more
- Equal Rights Advocates Sues Betsy DeVos and the Department of Education: Campus Sexual Misconduct and Violence is Gender Discrimination... read more
- Tomorrow – March with ERA at the 2018 Women’s March!... read more
- We’ve Said #MeToo – Now We’re Pushing Legislation... read more
- Maria’s Workplace is #OursToo: Stopping the Epidemic of Sexual Violence Against Female Janitors... read more
- Inspired by Martin Luther King Jr. Day, We March On... read more
- This is not the year to stop marching... read more
- Taking the Fight for Equal Pay to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals... read more
- Action Alert: Say NO to Disastrous GOP Tax Bill... read more