Don’t Miss Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera at Our Gala Luncheon
Join Equal Rights Advocates for our 44th annual Gala Luncheon June 6 in San Francisco.
On June 6, hundreds of gender justice champions will gather in San Francisco to celebrate our collective power and everything we’ve accomplished together over the past year.
At work, at school, out on the streets, and in the halls of capitol buildings across the country, everyday women have shown extraordinary courage that has benefitted us all. That deserves celebration!
You won’t want to miss this. Our 44th annual Gala Luncheon features keynote speaker Mónica Ramírez, and introducing Irma Herrera as emcee!
About Mónica Ramírez: ERA is thrilled to announce Mónica Ramírez as a Champion of Justice Honoree and this year’s keynote speaker. As co-founder and President of the Alianza Nacional de Campesinas (National Farmworker Women’s Alliance), Mónica has dedicated her entire career to ending gender-based violence in the workplace and achieving gender equity. She has served farmworker, Latina, and immigrant women as an organizer and advocate for more than two decades. She has also represented individuals as a civil rights and gender justice attorney since 2004. With a November 2017 letter published by TIME magazine, she helped spark the TIME’S UP movement.
About Irma Herrera: Irma Herrera is a social justice activista, writer, performer, and former Executive Director of Equal Rights Advocates for 15 years. During her 30-plus years as a public interest lawyer, Irma fought for the rights of Spanish-speaking migrant farm workers and poor minority children, among others. Her 2016 play “Why Would I Mispronounce My Own Name?” explores the cultural significance of names, and the parts of our identities we’re asked to give up for the sake of fitting in and getting along. A renowned writer, former investigative journalist, and professor of social justice law and education law, Irma’s distinctions include the Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Award from the American Bar Association’s Commission on Women in the Profession; National Person of Distinction by Santa Clara University School of Law; and California NOW’s Safety, Health and Equal Opportunity (S.H.E.) Award for promoting educational opportunity.
Sponsor a Student Activist. Honor the courage of a local student activist or ERA client by sponsoring their seat at the event. These gender justice champions are on the frontlines of the fight against injustice in our schools and workplaces. Your donation will ensure they get the recognition they deserve!
- University of Denver Settles Pay Discrimination Lawsuit with $2.6 Million to Women Law Professors... read more
- Lactation Accommodations: A Right, Not a Privilege... read more
- Don’t Miss Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera at Our Gala Luncheon... read more
- Radical Justice Looks Like Centering the Survivor... read more
- This Sexual Assault Awareness Month: Survivors and Allies Have the Power... read more
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know about Equal Pay Day... read more
- On Eve of Equal Pay Day, Equal Rights Advocates Celebrates Victory for Fair Pay with En Banc Ninth Circuit Decision... read more
- Don’t Miss Our 2018 Annual Gala Luncheon!... read more
- Guest Post: From Hollywood to Academia, Power Structures of Sexual Harassment Remain the Same... read more
- ERA Sues Sacramento School District for Civil Rights Violations after Sexual Assault... read more