ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings
In response to the news of a second allegation of sexual misconduct by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, Equal Rights Advocates releases the following statement:
We call upon the U.S. Senate to halt immediately the confirmation process involving Judge Brett Kavanaugh so that a thorough FBI investigation can take place. In the alternative, his nomination must be withdrawn.
Any person charged with deciding on matters related to the civil and constitutional rights of women must be held to the highest standard. We demand a process that exacts a conclusion that nominee Brett Kavanaugh has met it, unequivocally.
Read Executive Director Noreen Farrell’s statement in response to Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s allegation of sexual assault.
Equal Rights Advocates is a national civil rights organization dedicated to protecting and expanding economic and educational access and opportunities for women and girls.
- VIDEO: 5 New Anti-Sexual Harassment Rights for CA Workers
- Urge your legislators: Support the Paycheck Fairness Act!
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018
- ERA Rejects Trump Admin’s Proposed Sexual Assault Rules that Promote Rape Culture on Campus
- Giving Tuesday: On Nov. 27, #EqualityIsPawssible
- Our Bodies on the Line: Latina Equal Pay and #MeToo
- Next week, we vote for women’s equality in the workplace
- BREAKING: Amended Federal Lawsuit Against DeVos Shows Title IX Policy Was Based on Sexist Stereotypes, Is Unconstitutional