ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings
In response to the news of a second allegation of sexual misconduct by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, Equal Rights Advocates releases the following statement:
We call upon the U.S. Senate to halt immediately the confirmation process involving Judge Brett Kavanaugh so that a thorough FBI investigation can take place. In the alternative, his nomination must be withdrawn.
Any person charged with deciding on matters related to the civil and constitutional rights of women must be held to the highest standard. We demand a process that exacts a conclusion that nominee Brett Kavanaugh has met it, unequivocally.
Read Executive Director Noreen Farrell’s statement in response to Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s allegation of sexual assault.
Equal Rights Advocates is a national civil rights organization dedicated to protecting and expanding economic and educational access and opportunities for women and girls.
- Comment Guide: Speak Out Against Title IX Regulations
- ERA Rejects Trump Admin’s Proposed Sexual Assault Rules that Promote Rape Culture on Campus
- Giving Tuesday: On Nov. 27, #EqualityIsPawssible
- Our Bodies on the Line: Latina Equal Pay and #MeToo
- Next week, we vote for women’s equality in the workplace
- BREAKING: Amended Federal Lawsuit Against DeVos Shows Title IX Policy Was Based on Sexist Stereotypes, Is Unconstitutional
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6
- Survivors Who Want to Come Forward: Where to Start
- “You have galvanized our movement to replace you. We are united more than ever before.”
- Gov. Brown Signs ERA’s #MeToo Bills, Strongest Sexual Harassment Legislation in the Nation