ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings
In response to the news of a second allegation of sexual misconduct by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, Equal Rights Advocates releases the following statement:
We call upon the U.S. Senate to halt immediately the confirmation process involving Judge Brett Kavanaugh so that a thorough FBI investigation can take place. In the alternative, his nomination must be withdrawn.
Any person charged with deciding on matters related to the civil and constitutional rights of women must be held to the highest standard. We demand a process that exacts a conclusion that nominee Brett Kavanaugh has met it, unequivocally.
Read Executive Director Noreen Farrell’s statement in response to Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s allegation of sexual assault.
Equal Rights Advocates is a national civil rights organization dedicated to protecting and expanding economic and educational access and opportunities for women and girls.
- From Survivors to Activists: ERA Student Clients Speak Out, Support CA Bill
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018