ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings
In response to the news of a second allegation of sexual misconduct by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, Equal Rights Advocates releases the following statement:
We call upon the U.S. Senate to halt immediately the confirmation process involving Judge Brett Kavanaugh so that a thorough FBI investigation can take place. In the alternative, his nomination must be withdrawn.
Any person charged with deciding on matters related to the civil and constitutional rights of women must be held to the highest standard. We demand a process that exacts a conclusion that nominee Brett Kavanaugh has met it, unequivocally.
Read Executive Director Noreen Farrell’s statement in response to Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s allegation of sexual assault.
Equal Rights Advocates is a national civil rights organization dedicated to protecting and expanding economic and educational access and opportunities for women and girls.
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- When it comes to fair pay, “don’t just be an ally. Be a co-conspirator.”
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game
- Let’s Close California’s Wage Gap
- Join the Pro Bono Attorneys Network to End Sexual Violence in Education
- Ending the pushout of women in scientific research
- VIDEO: 5 New Anti-Sexual Harassment Rights for CA Workers
- Urge your legislators: Support the Paycheck Fairness Act!
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.