ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings
In response to the news of a second allegation of sexual misconduct by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, Equal Rights Advocates releases the following statement:
We call upon the U.S. Senate to halt immediately the confirmation process involving Judge Brett Kavanaugh so that a thorough FBI investigation can take place. In the alternative, his nomination must be withdrawn.
Any person charged with deciding on matters related to the civil and constitutional rights of women must be held to the highest standard. We demand a process that exacts a conclusion that nominee Brett Kavanaugh has met it, unequivocally.
Read Executive Director Noreen Farrell’s statement in response to Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s allegation of sexual assault.
Equal Rights Advocates is a national civil rights organization dedicated to protecting and expanding economic and educational access and opportunities for women and girls.
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6... read more
- Survivors Who Want to Come Forward: Where to Start... read more
- Gov. Brown Signs ERA’s #MeToo Bills, Strongest Sexual Harassment Legislation in the Nation... read more
- ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings... read more
- ERA Submits Letter to Gov. Brown on Behalf of 12 National Orgs: CA Needs to #TakeTheLead on Sexual Harassment Reforms... read more
- Urge CA Gov. Brown to Sign the #TakeTheLead Bills & Combat Sexual Harassment... read more
- Join Our Action Team and Fight For California’s #MeToo Bills... read more
- We Believe You, Christine: Response to Allegations against Kavanaugh... read more
- ERA Supports McDonald’s Workers in Nationwide Strike Protesting Sexual Harassment... read more
- Take Action to #StopKavanaugh... read more