ERA Cited in Two Media Stories on Sexual Harassment Scandal in San Diego
ERA Legal Director Jennifer Reisch was quoted last week in a Voice of San Diego article about the unfolding news that Mayor Bob Filner may have sexually harassed at least seven women, including a number of women who worked or volunteered on his campaign. In the article, Jennifer outlines several legal avenues these women might pursue against the mayor.
The next day, in another article that touches on the Filner scandal, The Nation magazine cited ERA research data on just how much workplace sexual harassment costs its victims in lost earnings during and after the illegal treatment.
If you’d like to know more about our work protecting working women from harassment, visit our Marginalized Women Workers campaign page. You can also take a moment to learn about Maria, an ERA client who was sexually harassed while working for a janitorial service. A San Francisco jury awarded Maria more than $800,000 in damages last year.
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game