ERA’s Farrell Comments to NBC: Accused Teacher’s School Ignored Title IX
ERA Executive Director Noreen Farrell commented to NBC BayArea as part of an investigative news report on January 13, 2013, Accused Teacher’s School Ignores Title IX.
“Without NBC’s investigation into many Title IX issues and concerns how would we know about half of what’s going on in bay area schools?” Noreen Farrell, with Equal Rights Advocates told the Investigative Unit.
ERA has also filed a request for information from Evergreen, asking for proof it’s following Title IX. She is still waiting for answers.
“What I would advise a school district that has faced these horrible allegations is that they should be upfront doing everything to make sure students feel safe, parents feel confident and that members of the public feel confident,” Farrell said.
“For educators to stick their heads in the sand about sexual abuse of minors and the application of Title IX is a real problem.”
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game