Every CA deserves Paid Family Leave: Support SB 135
Here’s the ugly truth: Despite enacting the nation’s first Paid Family Leave program 15 years ago, only certain privileged Californians are able to access it.
The lack of job protection under the Paid Family Leave program means many Californians who pay into it can’t actually use it without fear of losing their jobs . This disproportionately impacts low-paid workers, who already have the highest risk of losing jobs when they need to go on leave. Meanwhile, the program largely benefits well-off two-parent families.
Tell your California Senator to support Senate Bill 135 so Californians who pay into the Paid Family Leave Program can use it.
It’s time for paid family leave that does not ignore low-wage workers. Email and tweet at your Senator now!
Keep up with the latest gender justice news. Action Team members get just one email per with quick, easy actions like this one. Sign up now.
Ready for more action? See all Current Actions.
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game