Position: Executive Administrator
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: ERA offers salaries that are competitive in the San Francisco Bay Area public interest/non-profit legal community, and are based on degrees and years of experience. ERA offers a generous benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage, a generous vacation and sick leave policy, paid holidays, and a 403b retirement plan with an employer matching opportunity.
Equal Rights Advocates seeks an energetic and experienced executive administrator who will assume significant executive, administrative, development, and board-related responsibilities for a dynamic women’s rights legal organization. In additional to more traditional executive assistant skills, s/he should have an interest and capacity in the use of technology and social media platforms to support the executive director. S/he should also demonstrate experience in positive external relations with board members, funders, and other high profile community members. S/he should have a strong interest in and capacity for donor management. S/he must demonstrate experience in positions of trust and confidentiality with senior management.
- Assist Executive Director with project management related to all departments
- Draft letters and memos as directed by the Executive Director
- Assist in the management of organizational budgets (excel experience required)
- Conduct research and draft memos at ED’s direction
- Maintain and organize the ED’s files as needed
- Review ED’s in-coming correspondence, emails, and summarize/prioritize
- Serve as an effective conduit between staff members and the ED during the ED’s absence from the office
- Manage ED’s calendar, coordinate travel and speaking engagements
- Maintain ED’s reimbursement requests and credit card reconciliation
- Manage the social media platforms of the ED in consultation with the communications, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Slack, and Instagram.
- Assist with any other projects identified and assigned by ED
Board of Directors
- Key Liaison to Board of Directors
- Maintain meeting schedule and organize logistics for board meetings and meetings of Board committees
- Maintain and update Board policies and forms and membership lists
- Communicate with members of ERA’s Board of Directors as needed to carry out the business of the organization
- Prepare materials for ERA Board of Directors’ meetings
- Prepare materials for new Board member orientations
- Develop and maintain cloud-based server for Board materials
- Manage external relations with assigned segment of donors on behalf of ED and Director of Development (DD)
- In collaboration with the DD, support the ED’s cultivation and stewardship of VIP donors including but not limited to drafting regular correspondence and emails of behalf of the ED
- Contribute to donor database/CRM as directed by ED and DD
- Conduct donor and prospect research as needed by the ED and DD
- Assist with robust schedule of special events (internal and external).
- At least two years related work experience; five preferred
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts or Science
- Excellent experience/comfort with technology, social media platforms referenced above, Word, Excel, project management tools
- Excellent writing and reading skills
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve, and demonstrate sound judgment
- Ability to interact professionally with co-workers, Board, clients, vendors and guests
- Excellent ability to maintain confidentiality
To Apply: Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please submit (1) a cover letter describing your interest in this particular position and your connection to ERA’s mission and (2) your current résumé. To apply email email@example.com. Please include “Executive Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail message. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No telephone calls, please.
ERA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to maintaining and recruiting a diverse staff. We particularly encourage applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, individuals from the LBGTQI community, and others whose background may contribute to more effective representation of women and girls from underserved and marginalized communities.
- Federal Court Hearing: Equal Rights Advocates’ Case Goes Before Judge to Oppose Trump Administration’s Unconstitutional Title IX Policy... read more
- “Naw” to Kavanaugh: Take action to oppose the SCOTUS pick... read more
- How Devos’s Title IX Harms Trans & GNC Students... read more
- On the Supreme Court’s Decision in Janus v. AFSCME... read more
- Legal and Advocacy Groups Demand DeVos Withdraw False Claims About Sexual Assault Cases... read more
- Joy Kruse Gender Justice Memorial Fund... read more
- Remembering and Honoring Madeline Mixer... read more
- Trump Administration Tries to Dismiss Challenge To DeVos’ Rollback of Protections for Survivors of Sexual Violence. ERA Presses Ahead With Case.... read more
- Don’t Miss Our Gala Luncheon with Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera... read more
- SCOTUS Blow to Workers’ Rights Demands Legislative Fix... read more