Huffington Post: Lawsuit Accuses Betsy DeVos And Her Deputies Of Being Motivated By Sexism
Huffington Post covered a new filing in Equal Rights Advocates’ lawsuit against the Department of Education and Sec. Betsy DeVos. The new filing shows that DeVos and Candice Jackson, interim Director for the Department’s Office for Civil Rights, acted unconstitutionally when changing Title IX guidance because they based their changes on sexist stereotypes.
In January 2018, Democracy Forward, the National Center for Youth Law, and the National Women’s Law Center filed suit on behalf of plaintiffs Equal Rights Advocates, SurvJustice, and Victim Rights Law Center, alleging the Trump Administration’s extreme Title IX policy is unlawfully based on government officials’ discriminatory stereotypes about the credibility of women and girls who report sexual violence.
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game