Huffington Post: McDonald’s Workers Strike Over Sexual Harassment In The Workplace
The Huffington Post covered the national McDonald’s #MeToo strike, which was the first ever national walkout specifically over sexual harassment in U.S. history. Equal Rights Advocates is providing legal support to the striking workers.
The story names ERA as a legal supporting organization, and quotes our press release.
The strike is part of an effort to push McDonald’s to form a committee to address sexual harassment, said Equal Rights Advocates, which is providing legal support to the striking employees.
That committee would ideally comprise workers, representatives from corporate and franchise stores, leaders of national women’s groups, and “would chart a path forward to make sure nobody who works for McDonald’s faces sexual harassment on the job,” according to Equal Rights Advocates.
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game