Inspired by Martin Luther King Jr. Day, We March On
This weekend, we remember the life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. to shine truth on oppression and injustice. We honor his legacy and the work that remains to ensure the American promise can be realized for every person.
More than 50 years have passed since Dr. King delivered his historic speech at the March on Washington in 1963. But those images of hundreds of thousands gathering on the National Mall for “jobs and freedom” remain powerful.
And those images provide an essential reminder — we cannot stop marching.
Over the past year, the Trump administration has launched concerted, direct attacks on the civil rights of women, people of color, LGBTQ communities, religious minorities, immigrants, refugees, and people living with disabilities.
But over the past year, we have come together to resist any agenda designed to limit the American dream. We have driven an alternative vision for our country; one that reflects our commitment to equal opportunities and treatment, and one that embraces the differences that make our communities great.
Next week, Equal Rights Advocates, our supporters, and hundreds of thousands across the country will march once again. We march to end sexual violence against students and workers, disrupt hate in all its forms, and to demand equal wages.
We march because we cannot let attacks on any one individual’s civil rights go unchallenged. We march for all, or we march for none.
Join us in our march for justice – sign up to march with ERA in Oakland or San Francisco on Saturday, January 20.
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6... read more
- Survivors Who Want to Come Forward: Where to Start... read more
- Gov. Brown Signs ERA’s #MeToo Bills, Strongest Sexual Harassment Legislation in the Nation... read more
- ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings... read more
- ERA Submits Letter to Gov. Brown on Behalf of 12 National Orgs: CA Needs to #TakeTheLead on Sexual Harassment Reforms... read more
- Urge CA Gov. Brown to Sign the #TakeTheLead Bills & Combat Sexual Harassment... read more
- Join Our Action Team and Fight For California’s #MeToo Bills... read more
- We Believe You, Christine: Response to Allegations against Kavanaugh... read more
- ERA Supports McDonald’s Workers in Nationwide Strike Protesting Sexual Harassment... read more
- Take Action to #StopKavanaugh... read more