Inspired by Martin Luther King Jr. Day, We March On
This weekend, we remember the life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. to shine truth on oppression and injustice. We honor his legacy and the work that remains to ensure the American promise can be realized for every person.
More than 50 years have passed since Dr. King delivered his historic speech at the March on Washington in 1963. But those images of hundreds of thousands gathering on the National Mall for “jobs and freedom” remain powerful.
And those images provide an essential reminder — we cannot stop marching.
Over the past year, the Trump administration has launched concerted, direct attacks on the civil rights of women, people of color, LGBTQ communities, religious minorities, immigrants, refugees, and people living with disabilities.
But over the past year, we have come together to resist any agenda designed to limit the American dream. We have driven an alternative vision for our country; one that reflects our commitment to equal opportunities and treatment, and one that embraces the differences that make our communities great.
Next week, Equal Rights Advocates, our supporters, and hundreds of thousands across the country will march once again. We march to end sexual violence against students and workers, disrupt hate in all its forms, and to demand equal wages.
We march because we cannot let attacks on any one individual’s civil rights go unchallenged. We march for all, or we march for none.
Join us in our march for justice – sign up to march with ERA in Oakland or San Francisco on Saturday, January 20.
- Tomorrow – March with ERA at the 2018 Women’s March!... read more
- We’ve Said #MeToo – Now We’re Pushing Legislation... read more
- Maria’s Workplace is #OursToo: Stopping the Epidemic of Sexual Violence Against Female Janitors... read more
- Inspired by Martin Luther King Jr. Day, We March On... read more
- This is not the year to stop marching... read more
- Taking the Fight for Equal Pay to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals... read more
- Action Alert: Say NO to Disastrous GOP Tax Bill... read more
- What Team ERA is Reading This Week... read more
- In This Lifetime Please: Why We Can’t Wait 216 Years to Close the Latina Pay and Wealth Gap... read more
- What Team ERA’s Reading This Week... read more