KPIX: Aide to Sen. Kamala Harris Resigns Following Sexual Harassment Settlement
CBS San Francisco Bay Area affiliate KPIX featured an interview with Equal Rights Advocates Executive Director Noreen Farrell in an aired news segment about a former aide to Senator Kamala Harris, Larry Wallace, who resigned this week after news surfaced of a sexual harassment settlement in a complaint filed when he was working for then-California Attorney General Kamala Harris.
Noreen speaks about factors that enable high-level officials to get away with sexual harassment, including confidentiality clauses in settlement agreement, which often prevent the victim from talking about the case.
“Their sexual harassment is overlooked, there’s a quick, quiet settlement, and then they’re allowed to stay in the workplace,” she said.
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- When it comes to fair pay, “don’t just be an ally. Be a co-conspirator.”
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game
- Let’s Close California’s Wage Gap
- Join the Pro Bono Attorneys Network to End Sexual Violence in Education
- Ending the pushout of women in scientific research
- VIDEO: 5 New Anti-Sexual Harassment Rights for CA Workers
- Urge your legislators: Support the Paycheck Fairness Act!
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.