Legal Director Joins Pay Equity Task Force
Building on ERA’s success in sponsoring the California Fair Pay Act, which took effect on January 1, 2016, we are proud that Legal Director Jennifer Reisch has been selected to serve on the California Pay Equity Task Force, which was launched by the Commission on the Status of Women and Girls in July.
Jennifer Reisch, Legal Director at Equal Rights Advocates speaking on SB 358 for employees and advocates pic.twitter.com/sbyKEMxFJA
— CA Commission (@CCSWG) July 22, 2016
As a member of the Pay Equity Task Force, Jennifer will work alongside legislators, government agency leaders, management attorneys, experts in employee compensation, and representatives from business and labor organizations to ensure effective implementation and enforcement of California’s equal pay law so that it may serve as an example for states across the country.
“With momentum building for equal pay laws across the country, this is an exciting and important time for the Task Force’s efforts,” said Jennifer. “I’m excited to get to work.”
Learn more about the Task Force and stay up-to-date with their work here: http://www.women.ca.gov/CaliforniaPayEquityTaskForce.aspx.
Have questions about the CA Fair Pay Act? Know your rights and find answers to common questions here: https://www.equalrights.org/legal-help/know-your-rights/california-fair-pay-act/.
- Raise Your Voice to Push Stronger California Legislation Over the Finish Line... read more
- Action Alert: We Won’t Back Down on Pay Transparency... read more
- Secretary DeVos Attacks Progress Made to End Campus Sexual Assault... read more
- ERA Disgusted by Termination of DACA... read more
- The Administration Just Made it Harder to Close the Wage Gap... read more
- Legal Director Jennifer Reisch Named Top Labor and Employment Lawyer... read more
- Enough is Enough: Confronting Sexual Harassment and Violence in the Janitorial Industry... read more
- Equal Means Equal – We Need the Equal Rights Amendment Now... read more
- ERA Sponsors Bill to Prohibit Sexual Harassment in Venture Capital... read more
- There is No Place for Violent White Supremacy in a Democracy... read more