Los Angeles Times: Mira Sorvino and others put spotlight on #MeToo laws
Los Angeles Times covered a press conference co-hosted by Equal Rights Advocates, which included an overview and celebration of new sexual harassment laws that will take effected in California in 2019. ERA sponsored two of the laws when they were bills, SB 1300 and SB 224, with our #TakeTheLead policy campaign.
ERA Executive Director Noreen Farrell spoke at the event, as well as actresses Mira Sorvino, Rosanna Arquette, and Chantal Cousineau, all of whom supported the bills and the #TakeTheLead campaign.
“We have turned this #MeToo revolution into a policy revolution,” said Noreen Farrell, Executive Director of Equal Rights Advocates, at a news conference in North Hollywood. The nonprofit supports women and girls at work and school.
California Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson — author of SB 1300 — and Assemblywoman Laura Friedman also spoke. Sen. Jackson’s office co-hosted the event.
- From Survivors to Activists: ERA Student Clients Speak Out, Support CA Bill
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018