Maha Ibrahim Joins Staff
ERA is excited to announce the hire of Staff Attorney Maha Ibrahim to lead our Access to Justice Initiative. Maha joined ERA as a Law Fellow in March 2016 and was promoted to Staff Attorney in October 2016.
Maha brings seven years of professional community organizing and policy-framing experience to ERA, having served as a staff member in the offices of Congresswoman Barbara Lee and former State Assemblywoman Nancy Skinner. A graduate of UCLA’s Epstein Public Interest Law Program and a student in the law school’s Critical Race Studies program, she brings her training as a public interest lawyer through the lens of Critical Race Theory to her work as a Staff Attorney.
“ERA is constantly interested in evolving and challenging the way it delivers legal assistance to women and girls nationwide,” said Maha. “ERA doesn’t leave the hard work it takes to challenge old models for direct legal services to the textbooks in niche programs at elite law schools. Using my law license to protect fierce women and girls at work and school so that they can build economically secure lives where joy can flourish? Yes!”
Maha received her law degree from UCLA Law, where she was a founding board member and co-director of the UCLA Law Women, an executive board member of the Journal for Islamic and Near Eastern Law, and a two-term executive board member of the student-coordinated network of volunteer legal aid clinics, El Centro Legal. Maha is active in numerous East Bay community organizations and has served as a former commissioner on the Alameda County Commission on the Status of Women as well as board member to various bay area women’s political groups.
- Raise Your Voice to Push Stronger California Legislation Over the Finish Line... read more
- Action Alert: We Won’t Back Down on Pay Transparency... read more
- Secretary DeVos Attacks Progress Made to End Campus Sexual Assault... read more
- ERA Disgusted by Termination of DACA... read more
- The Administration Just Made it Harder to Close the Wage Gap... read more
- Legal Director Jennifer Reisch Named Top Labor and Employment Lawyer... read more
- Enough is Enough: Confronting Sexual Harassment and Violence in the Janitorial Industry... read more
- Equal Means Equal – We Need the Equal Rights Amendment Now... read more
- ERA Sponsors Bill to Prohibit Sexual Harassment in Venture Capital... read more
- There is No Place for Violent White Supremacy in a Democracy... read more