Mercury News: Battle against sexual misconduct hits Bay Area high school campuses
The San Jose Mercury News covers efforts by local K-12 school districts to combat sexual misconduct, including ERA’s work with the Oakland Unified School District to update sexual harassment policies.
The group, along with Equal Rights Advocates, worked with Oakland Unified to update the district’s policy. The new policy designates a person at each school to handle sexual assault and harassment — before, the district ombudsman was in charge of fielding those reports from all the district’s schools — and defines the reporting process for students, teachers and administrative officials.
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game