East Bay Times/Mercury News: She fights for gender equity & workers’ rights, from mushroom farms to the courtroom
What I love about ERA is that we have a multi-pronged strategy for achieving justice. We do representation in litigation for people who have experienced discrimination at work or students at school. We do high-impact litigation that will not only benefit workers or students but a broader class of workers if it’s a class case or the broader community. We push for not just compensation but broader systemic reforms. I oversee litigation but also do legislative advocacy. We use what we see and hear on the ground from representing workers in cases and from people who contact us through our national helpline … to inform policy advocacy that we pursue.
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018
- ERA Rejects Trump Admin’s Proposed Sexual Assault Rules that Promote Rape Culture on Campus
- Giving Tuesday: On Nov. 27, #EqualityIsPawssible