NBC: Victims’ Rights Advocates Gather in San Francisco
NBC Bay Area covered a federal hearing and press conference regarding Equal Rights Advocates’ federal lawsuit against Betsy DeVos and the U.S. Department of Education. They quoted and feature video of ERA client, advocate, and student survivor Amelia Wagoner.
“Students should not be punished for reporting rape,” she said. “I hope changes from this case today mean that someday, students can report rape and feel safe on campus, without having to feel that they’re working against the school, and having it consume their lives.”
The lawsuit was filed on behalf of plaintiffs Equal Rights Advocates, SurvJustice, and Victim Rights Law Center by three national public interest organizations: Democracy Forward, the National Center for Youth Law, and the National Women’s Law Center.
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6... read more
- Survivors Who Want to Come Forward: Where to Start... read more
- Gov. Brown Signs ERA’s #MeToo Bills, Strongest Sexual Harassment Legislation in the Nation... read more
- ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings... read more
- ERA Submits Letter to Gov. Brown on Behalf of 12 National Orgs: CA Needs to #TakeTheLead on Sexual Harassment Reforms... read more
- Urge CA Gov. Brown to Sign the #TakeTheLead Bills & Combat Sexual Harassment... read more
- Join Our Action Team and Fight For California’s #MeToo Bills... read more
- We Believe You, Christine: Response to Allegations against Kavanaugh... read more
- ERA Supports McDonald’s Workers in Nationwide Strike Protesting Sexual Harassment... read more
- Take Action to #StopKavanaugh... read more