NY Times: The Takedown of Title IX
The NY Times covered Title IX in this nuanced piece, discussing in part how destroying Title IX opens the door to pull down other crucial civil rights laws such as Title VII, VI.
ERA’s Initiative to End Sexual Violence in Education (ESVE) was also highlighted.
This November, Equal Rights Advocates held the first leadership meeting of the Initiative to End Sexual Violence in Education, a new national network of attorneys and activists to defend Title IX that will train hundreds of new lawyers, establish a hotline to gather complaints and file suit either against schools failing to uphold Title IX rights or on behalf of those who might come under attack from the new Office for Civil Rights. “If the O.C.R. won’t defend Title IX,” Farrell says, “we will.”
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game