PBS Newshour to NBC News: ERA Responds to Trump’s First 100 Days
Executive Director Noreen Farrell appeared on PBS Newshour to discuss the investigation into Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly’s pattern of sexual harassment. Just two weeks later, she rejoined the program when Fox decided to fire O’Reilly.
NBCNews.com spoke with Noreen Farrell about President Trump’s roll-back of the Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Order. This important Obama executive order required federal contractors to disclose discrimination complaints and paycheck details to workers. It also prohibited federal contractors from requiring that workers arbitrate sexual harassment and assault claims.
US News & World Report reflected on the increased urgency and activism of women across the country during President Trump’s First 100 Days. Executive Director Noreen Farrell frames the current climate of the women’s movement, saying:
“I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that President Trump presents the biggest threat to women’s progress we’ve seen in the last 50 years. Some of it is under the radar, and some of it is right in front of us. But what’s happening at the federal level is not only terrifying. It’s an outrage,” she says.
- Join Our Action Team and Fight For California’s #MeToo Bills... read more
- We Believe You, Christine: Response to Allegations against Kavanaugh... read more
- ERA Supports McDonald’s Workers in Nationwide Strike Protesting Sexual Harassment... read more
- Take Action to #StopKavanaugh... read more
- In a Nail Biter Finish, #MeToo Bill SB 1300 Heads to Governor... read more
- Statement: Response to Leaked Draft of DeVos’s New Proposed Title IX Rules... read more
- #TakeTheLead: To the Governor’s Desk... read more
- Our Impact: Salary History Loophole Closed!... read more
- Federal Court Hearing: Equal Rights Advocates’ Case Goes Before Judge to Oppose Trump Administration’s Unconstitutional Title IX Policy... read more
- “Naw” to Kavanaugh: Take action to oppose the SCOTUS pick... read more