PBS Newshour to NBC News: ERA Responds to Trump’s First 100 Days
Executive Director Noreen Farrell appeared on PBS Newshour to discuss the investigation into Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly’s pattern of sexual harassment. Just two weeks later, she rejoined the program when Fox decided to fire O’Reilly.
NBCNews.com spoke with Noreen Farrell about President Trump’s roll-back of the Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Order. This important Obama executive order required federal contractors to disclose discrimination complaints and paycheck details to workers. It also prohibited federal contractors from requiring that workers arbitrate sexual harassment and assault claims.
US News & World Report reflected on the increased urgency and activism of women across the country during President Trump’s First 100 Days. Executive Director Noreen Farrell frames the current climate of the women’s movement, saying:
“I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that President Trump presents the biggest threat to women’s progress we’ve seen in the last 50 years. Some of it is under the radar, and some of it is right in front of us. But what’s happening at the federal level is not only terrifying. It’s an outrage,” she says.
- University of Denver Settles Pay Discrimination Lawsuit with $2.6 Million to Women Law Professors... read more
- Lactation Accommodations: A Right, Not a Privilege... read more
- Don’t Miss Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera at Our Gala Luncheon... read more
- Radical Justice Looks Like Centering the Survivor... read more
- This Sexual Assault Awareness Month: Survivors and Allies Have the Power... read more
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know about Equal Pay Day... read more
- On Eve of Equal Pay Day, Equal Rights Advocates Celebrates Victory for Fair Pay with En Banc Ninth Circuit Decision... read more
- Don’t Miss Our 2018 Annual Gala Luncheon!... read more
- Guest Post: From Hollywood to Academia, Power Structures of Sexual Harassment Remain the Same... read more
- ERA Sues Sacramento School District for Civil Rights Violations after Sexual Assault... read more