Rebecca Peterson-Fisher Receives Girls Champion Award
This month, Senior Staff Attorney Rebecca Peterson-Fisher was awarded the Alliance for Girls’ Girls Champion Award for her work to ensure that all girls have safe and equal educational experiences.
The award recognizes Rebecca’s work with Alliance for Girls (AFG) and Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) to improve educational outcomes for girls, and especially girls of color, in the school district. In partnership with OUSD, AFG and its members are assisting in the development of a district-wide sexual harassment policy designed to reduce suspension rates for girls of color and combat sexual harassment at school. ERA and Rebecca serve as the legal lead for this project, which we hope will serve as a model for school districts across the country.
Rebecca was also recognized for her work to ensure college campuses are free of sexual violence, including representing a student at Stanford University who was assaulted by a repeat sexual predator.
Alliance for Girls, of which Equal Rights Advocates is a member, is an association of 150 organizations serving more than 300,000 girls in the Bay Area.
- Our Bodies on the Line: Latina Equal Pay and #MeToo
- Next week, we vote for women’s equality in the workplace
- BREAKING: Amended Federal Lawsuit Against DeVos Shows Title IX Policy Was Based on Sexist Stereotypes, Is Unconstitutional
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6
- Survivors Who Want to Come Forward: Where to Start
- “You have galvanized our movement to replace you. We are united more than ever before.”
- Gov. Brown Signs ERA’s #MeToo Bills, Strongest Sexual Harassment Legislation in the Nation
- ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings
- ERA Submits Letter to Gov. Brown on Behalf of 12 National Orgs: CA Needs to #TakeTheLead on Sexual Harassment Reforms
- Urge CA Gov. Brown to Sign the #TakeTheLead Bills & Combat Sexual Harassment