Rebecca Peterson-Fisher Receives Girls Champion Award
This month, Senior Staff Attorney Rebecca Peterson-Fisher was awarded the Alliance for Girls’ Girls Champion Award for her work to ensure that all girls have safe and equal educational experiences.
The award recognizes Rebecca’s work with Alliance for Girls (AFG) and Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) to improve educational outcomes for girls, and especially girls of color, in the school district. In partnership with OUSD, AFG and its members are assisting in the development of a district-wide sexual harassment policy designed to reduce suspension rates for girls of color and combat sexual harassment at school. ERA and Rebecca serve as the legal lead for this project, which we hope will serve as a model for school districts across the country.
Rebecca was also recognized for her work to ensure college campuses are free of sexual violence, including representing a student at Stanford University who was assaulted by a repeat sexual predator.
Alliance for Girls, of which Equal Rights Advocates is a member, is an association of 150 organizations serving more than 300,000 girls in the Bay Area.
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- When it comes to fair pay, “don’t just be an ally. Be a co-conspirator.”
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game
- Let’s Close California’s Wage Gap
- Join the Pro Bono Attorneys Network to End Sexual Violence in Education
- Ending the pushout of women in scientific research
- VIDEO: 5 New Anti-Sexual Harassment Rights for CA Workers
- Urge your legislators: Support the Paycheck Fairness Act!
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.