The Recorder: Prior Salary Can’t Justify Paying Women Less, Ninth Circuit Is Told
The Recorder covered the equal pay case of Aileen Rizo, which was brought before the en banc U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, touching on ERA Senior Staff Attorney Jessica Stender’s oral amicus argument.
Stender argued it was inherently sex-based to rely on prior salary without any other factor to justify unequal pay for equal work. She added a caveat when questioned where she said employers can use the information of prior salary to entice a job applicant with a significant pay raise.
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game