Refinery29: After The Time’s Up Awards Season, Will Hollywood Actually Take Action?
Refinery29 covered ERA-sponsored California legislation that will tackle sexual harassment. Executive Director Noreen Farrell was quoted:
Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson’s SB 224 will expand liability for sexual harassment to cover those in our industry who have positions of power and influence in hiring but are not the actual employers. Senator Connie Leyva’s bill, SB 820, will end the practice of forcing the courageous women and men who come forward to file a lawsuit against their harassers to accept silence about what happened to them as a condition of resolving their cases.” Noreen Farrell, Executive Director of Equal Rights Advocates, says that SB 224 has already gotten through its first couple of committee hearings and has yet to encounter any opposition.
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game