Refinery29: After The Time’s Up Awards Season, Will Hollywood Actually Take Action?
Refinery29 covered ERA-sponsored California legislation that will tackle sexual harassment. Executive Director Noreen Farrell was quoted:
Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson’s SB 224 will expand liability for sexual harassment to cover those in our industry who have positions of power and influence in hiring but are not the actual employers. Senator Connie Leyva’s bill, SB 820, will end the practice of forcing the courageous women and men who come forward to file a lawsuit against their harassers to accept silence about what happened to them as a condition of resolving their cases.” Noreen Farrell, Executive Director of Equal Rights Advocates, says that SB 224 has already gotten through its first couple of committee hearings and has yet to encounter any opposition.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- March with ERA on Jan. 19! (Updated)
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018
- Comment Guide: Speak Out Against Title IX Regulations
- ERA Rejects Trump Admin’s Proposed Sexual Assault Rules that Promote Rape Culture on Campus
- Giving Tuesday: On Nov. 27, #EqualityIsPawssible
- Our Bodies on the Line: Latina Equal Pay and #MeToo
- Next week, we vote for women’s equality in the workplace
- BREAKING: Amended Federal Lawsuit Against DeVos Shows Title IX Policy Was Based on Sexist Stereotypes, Is Unconstitutional
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6