Sacramento Bee: On equal pay, you can’t fix what you can’t see
ERA Senior Counsel for Workplace Justice and Public Policy Jessica Stender co-authored an op-ed with Senator Hanna-Beth Jackson on how California SB 1284 will help fix race and gender wage gaps.
We can’t fix what we can’t see, and to address California’s persistent pay disparity problem, we must first discover where it exists. On Equal Pay Day — the date that symbolizes how far into the year women must work to earn what men earned in the previous year — advocates across the country are rallying and delivering petitions to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission urging action on the Obama rule.
We urge legislators to support SB 1284 to ensure California can continue leading the way on equal pay.
- University of Denver Settles Pay Discrimination Lawsuit with $2.6 Million to Women Law Professors... read more
- Lactation Accommodations: A Right, Not a Privilege... read more
- Don’t Miss Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera at Our Gala Luncheon... read more
- Radical Justice Looks Like Centering the Survivor... read more
- This Sexual Assault Awareness Month: Survivors and Allies Have the Power... read more
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know about Equal Pay Day... read more
- On Eve of Equal Pay Day, Equal Rights Advocates Celebrates Victory for Fair Pay with En Banc Ninth Circuit Decision... read more
- Don’t Miss Our 2018 Annual Gala Luncheon!... read more
- Guest Post: From Hollywood to Academia, Power Structures of Sexual Harassment Remain the Same... read more
- ERA Sues Sacramento School District for Civil Rights Violations after Sexual Assault... read more