Sacramento Bee: On equal pay, you can’t fix what you can’t see
ERA Senior Counsel for Workplace Justice and Public Policy Jessica Stender co-authored an op-ed with Senator Hanna-Beth Jackson on how California SB 1284 will help fix race and gender wage gaps.
We can’t fix what we can’t see, and to address California’s persistent pay disparity problem, we must first discover where it exists. On Equal Pay Day — the date that symbolizes how far into the year women must work to earn what men earned in the previous year — advocates across the country are rallying and delivering petitions to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission urging action on the Obama rule.
We urge legislators to support SB 1284 to ensure California can continue leading the way on equal pay.
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game