Sacramento Bee: On equal pay, you can’t fix what you can’t see
ERA Senior Counsel for Workplace Justice and Public Policy Jessica Stender co-authored an op-ed with Senator Hanna-Beth Jackson on how California SB 1284 will help fix race and gender wage gaps.
We can’t fix what we can’t see, and to address California’s persistent pay disparity problem, we must first discover where it exists. On Equal Pay Day — the date that symbolizes how far into the year women must work to earn what men earned in the previous year — advocates across the country are rallying and delivering petitions to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission urging action on the Obama rule.
We urge legislators to support SB 1284 to ensure California can continue leading the way on equal pay.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- March with ERA on Jan. 19! (Updated)
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018
- Comment Guide: Speak Out Against Title IX Regulations
- ERA Rejects Trump Admin’s Proposed Sexual Assault Rules that Promote Rape Culture on Campus
- Giving Tuesday: On Nov. 27, #EqualityIsPawssible
- Our Bodies on the Line: Latina Equal Pay and #MeToo
- Next week, we vote for women’s equality in the workplace
- BREAKING: Amended Federal Lawsuit Against DeVos Shows Title IX Policy Was Based on Sexist Stereotypes, Is Unconstitutional
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6