Salon: Mira Sorvino: “Women have less protection under the Constitution than gun owners”
Salon published an extensive interview with Equal Rights Advocates Executive Director Noreen Farrell and Academy Award-winning actor Mira Sorvino about their work to push forward California legislation to prevent sexual harassment and ensure protections for survivors.
Noreen Farrell: We knew that we had to really leverage the power, the interest, the desire to combat sexual harassment and violence at this very moment with a slate of bills that would be the strongest in the nation to combat those things that are so disruptive to women’s lives and their livelihoods and their ability to support their families. We looked at every single gap that we have identified over our four decades of representing women workers. So we decided we wanted to develop bills to fill every one of those gaps and promote them and drive them, because now is the time.
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6... read more
- Survivors Who Want to Come Forward: Where to Start... read more
- Gov. Brown Signs ERA’s #MeToo Bills, Strongest Sexual Harassment Legislation in the Nation... read more
- ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings... read more
- ERA Submits Letter to Gov. Brown on Behalf of 12 National Orgs: CA Needs to #TakeTheLead on Sexual Harassment Reforms... read more
- Urge CA Gov. Brown to Sign the #TakeTheLead Bills & Combat Sexual Harassment... read more
- Join Our Action Team and Fight For California’s #MeToo Bills... read more
- We Believe You, Christine: Response to Allegations against Kavanaugh... read more
- ERA Supports McDonald’s Workers in Nationwide Strike Protesting Sexual Harassment... read more
- Take Action to #StopKavanaugh... read more