Salon: Mira Sorvino: “Women have less protection under the Constitution than gun owners”
Salon published an extensive interview with Equal Rights Advocates Executive Director Noreen Farrell and Academy Award-winning actor Mira Sorvino about their work to push forward California legislation to prevent sexual harassment and ensure protections for survivors.
Noreen Farrell: We knew that we had to really leverage the power, the interest, the desire to combat sexual harassment and violence at this very moment with a slate of bills that would be the strongest in the nation to combat those things that are so disruptive to women’s lives and their livelihoods and their ability to support their families. We looked at every single gap that we have identified over our four decades of representing women workers. So we decided we wanted to develop bills to fill every one of those gaps and promote them and drive them, because now is the time.
- Federal Court Hearing: Equal Rights Advocates’ Case Goes Before Judge to Oppose Trump Administration’s Unconstitutional Title IX Policy... read more
- “Naw” to Kavanaugh: Take action to oppose the SCOTUS pick... read more
- How Devos’s Title IX Harms Trans & GNC Students... read more
- On the Supreme Court’s Decision in Janus v. AFSCME... read more
- Legal and Advocacy Groups Demand DeVos Withdraw False Claims About Sexual Assault Cases... read more
- Joy Kruse Gender Justice Memorial Fund... read more
- Remembering and Honoring Madeline Mixer... read more
- Trump Administration Tries to Dismiss Challenge To DeVos’ Rollback of Protections for Survivors of Sexual Violence. ERA Presses Ahead With Case.... read more
- Don’t Miss Our Gala Luncheon with Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera... read more
- SCOTUS Blow to Workers’ Rights Demands Legislative Fix... read more