Secretary DeVos is Endangering Lives: A Response to the Interim Title IX Guidance
Today, Equal Rights Advocates joined 128 national organizations and individuals in denouncing Secretary DeVos’ interim Title IX Guidance, issued on Friday, September 22.
“We the People, who have spent years actually working to prevent and address sexual assault in schools, are deeply troubled that Secretary Betsy DeVos is putting the safety and lives of students at risk. On Friday, she continued her reckless campaign to destroy the laws and processes in place to protect students from sexual assault and allow all students an equal access to education. Her latest move – condemning and rescinding existing guidance documents on campus sexual assault, and replacing them with a poorly developed interim set of “Questions and Answers” –
breeds chaos and uncertainty.”
We stand in solidarity with all our co-signers and remain ready to enforce students’ civil rights if the Department of Education will not.
- University of Denver Settles Pay Discrimination Lawsuit with $2.6 Million to Women Law Professors... read more
- Lactation Accommodations: A Right, Not a Privilege... read more
- Don’t Miss Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera at Our Gala Luncheon... read more
- Radical Justice Looks Like Centering the Survivor... read more
- This Sexual Assault Awareness Month: Survivors and Allies Have the Power... read more
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know about Equal Pay Day... read more
- On Eve of Equal Pay Day, Equal Rights Advocates Celebrates Victory for Fair Pay with En Banc Ninth Circuit Decision... read more
- Don’t Miss Our 2018 Annual Gala Luncheon!... read more
- Guest Post: From Hollywood to Academia, Power Structures of Sexual Harassment Remain the Same... read more
- ERA Sues Sacramento School District for Civil Rights Violations after Sexual Assault... read more