Sending a Message to President Trump
America’s women are alarmed by a Trump administration agenda that has already done grave harm to families across the country and undermined essential rights and protections. That’s why today, ERA joined more than 300 organizations across the nation that advocate for women’s rights, equality, justice, and inclusion in sending a letter to the president urging him to build a more fair, just, and equal nation.
The letter comes shortly after the president’s first address to Congress and in honor of Women’s History Month, to send a clear message that America’s women and their families will fight against any efforts to undo hard-fought gains and take the country backward.
The letter outlines six domestic policy areas that are critical to women and all families, and upon which the community will evaluate the Trump administration’s success. The areas include creating workplaces that work for women and families; securing quality health care and reproductive rights; ensuring income security for all families; addressing and preventing violence; building a quality, affordable and equitable education system; and securing women’s equality under law.
Going forward, we hope this list of priorities will be a resource for the administration and members of Congress as they make policy decisions, as well as the media, advocates, and anyone who cares about how women fare during the president’s tenure. As we note in the letter, when the country’s 157 million women have an equal opportunity to succeed, our entire society and economy benefit.
- University of Denver Settles Pay Discrimination Lawsuit with $2.6 Million to Women Law Professors... read more
- Lactation Accommodations: A Right, Not a Privilege... read more
- Don’t Miss Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera at Our Gala Luncheon... read more
- Radical Justice Looks Like Centering the Survivor... read more
- This Sexual Assault Awareness Month: Survivors and Allies Have the Power... read more
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know about Equal Pay Day... read more
- On Eve of Equal Pay Day, Equal Rights Advocates Celebrates Victory for Fair Pay with En Banc Ninth Circuit Decision... read more
- Don’t Miss Our 2018 Annual Gala Luncheon!... read more
- Guest Post: From Hollywood to Academia, Power Structures of Sexual Harassment Remain the Same... read more
- ERA Sues Sacramento School District for Civil Rights Violations after Sexual Assault... read more