Sending a Message to President Trump
America’s women are alarmed by a Trump administration agenda that has already done grave harm to families across the country and undermined essential rights and protections. That’s why today, ERA joined more than 300 organizations across the nation that advocate for women’s rights, equality, justice, and inclusion in sending a letter to the president urging him to build a more fair, just, and equal nation.
The letter comes shortly after the president’s first address to Congress and in honor of Women’s History Month, to send a clear message that America’s women and their families will fight against any efforts to undo hard-fought gains and take the country backward.
The letter outlines six domestic policy areas that are critical to women and all families, and upon which the community will evaluate the Trump administration’s success. The areas include creating workplaces that work for women and families; securing quality health care and reproductive rights; ensuring income security for all families; addressing and preventing violence; building a quality, affordable and equitable education system; and securing women’s equality under law.
Going forward, we hope this list of priorities will be a resource for the administration and members of Congress as they make policy decisions, as well as the media, advocates, and anyone who cares about how women fare during the president’s tenure. As we note in the letter, when the country’s 157 million women have an equal opportunity to succeed, our entire society and economy benefit.
- 10 Black Women Making History... read more
- Why I demand Congressional action for DREAMers... read more
- Equal Rights Advocates Sues Betsy DeVos and the Department of Education: Campus Sexual Misconduct and Violence is Gender Discrimination... read more
- Tomorrow – March with ERA at the 2018 Women’s March!... read more
- We’ve Said #MeToo – Now We’re Pushing Legislation... read more
- Maria’s Workplace is #OursToo: Stopping the Epidemic of Sexual Violence Against Female Janitors... read more
- Inspired by Martin Luther King Jr. Day, We March On... read more
- This is not the year to stop marching... read more
- Taking the Fight for Equal Pay to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals... read more
- Action Alert: Say NO to Disastrous GOP Tax Bill... read more